CUE point + AUTO play = BAD

Suggest features and improvements

Re: CUE point + AUTO play = BAD

Postby RoJeC on 01 Apr 2015, 16:49

There is no difference of opinion on tracks requiring a different Cue then the default by Cross.
Just as some genres (like tango) require silence before the first tone.

Cross (and other MixVibes products) have had several algorithms, including the option to set to 0. As you can see from the limited options in Cross versus other products no every ' nice to have' setting is present.

Cross isn't an other playlist player. It tries to be easy to use by both amateur as professional DJ's for over 15 years now. Most developers also being DJ (as well as management). So experience is all there.

And there is no way that you can say that 'rock/metal tracks' always start at 0.00. This depends on the way the track has been encoded and (sometimes) been cut.

The options for loops and hot cues are all about hitting the downbeats, same for syncing. So if you would set your collection to have Cue to 0.00 (Cross analyses to 1/1,000,000 of a sec) you'll loose the better parts of Cross. and you'll have to do a lot of manual cueing in live situations the keep the flow.

I'm prefer to have a tool that sets the cue default to the flow, and in situations where the first tone 'is' the track I have them adjusted. Really doesn't take to much time...

The other side of the Cue also is pretty important in my opinion.. When the flow is there on the floor you (I) want to start at the end of the intro...

Just my 2 cents....
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Maurillo1960 on 02 Apr 2015, 11:18

It seems to be a philosophical question ...
If I wanted to simply use a playlist player i would use software like Winamp or Aimp, the reasons because I use a software specific for DJs are many, and range from the management of two soundcards for cueing, management of music library, a flexible autoplay function, a playlist management and history of played songs etc. etc. what you say show that you don't know how things work in a couple dance. dancers have their own habits and pauses between tracks are used to say tank to each other and to invite anothers partner. then if the "flow" of music in other kind of music is continuous, in music such as tango instead, is a sequence of tracks separated by pauses. To do dance sessions I use hundreds of songs and it is unthinkable that it should adjust the cue for every track.
I respect your point of view, but as it is, Cross is unusable for me.

many thanks.

Mauro
Maurillo1960

Postby RoJeC on 02 Apr 2015, 12:16

I am pretty sure if you spend some time to Cross, not even one hour, you'll find out you're focusing on a minor disadvantage.

I'm a DJ for like 30years, so've had quite some gigs where couple dancing was included. I also repeatedly mentioned that for some types of usage a start at 0 may be useful. I have over 70000 tracks, of which only like 3000 come above the 1 play a year and like 300 cover like 70% of the gig's.

My experience with Tango (ballroom, etc) is that you merely use your eyes. The Cue is set at beginning of the first tone and Start is manual.
By this a restart is just a matter of using Stutter.

What I merely want to express is that there is more to the request than just having an option. And you're absolutely right that handling silence isn't the Unique Selling Point of Cross.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby kl1172 on 02 Apr 2015, 16:35

RoJeC, for the record , I didn't say every rock song. Autocue and rock/metal just don't seem to have a good partnership in my eyes. Also I only really like that genre to be mixed quite simple, just a nice blend and let the set list establish the flow in the room.

Problem for me is, I'm probably too basic to find that 100% right software. Price/quality for what I need, Cross DJ is likely to be on top. It seems to be so close for being perfect for what I want, it hurts that it isn't. :mrgreen: And as you said, more experience will probably make it a little less of an annoiance. Still would be great if it gets reintroduced though.
kl1172

Postby Sussken on 16 Apr 2015, 19:43

I'm also a DJ for dancers, (swing dances) and I would also love to have the option to play the songs from start. Not only for the use of autoplay, but to save me from changing the start point for every song. That's the only thing I miss in this program.

/Susanne
Sussken

Postby Bernard Caron on 01 Nov 2015, 18:26

Auto cue check box option wast part of older version. I dont understand why they remove this option from the newest version !!! This is very bad ! Yes !
Bernard Caron

Postby daniel clark on 01 Nov 2015, 18:29

Bernard Caron wrote:Auto cue check box option wast part of older version. I dont understand why they remove this option from the newest version !!! This is very bad ! Yes !

:eek: take time to regerster the software licence key in the fourm ,,if you havent done so :idea:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Bernard Caron on 02 Nov 2015, 00:22

Please, is it posible to just add a check box option in the preferences to allow user choose if he wants to activate auto cue or not... like it was in the older version of Cross I used before (v. 1.5.5). Since I have to update the version to Cross DJ v.3.3, i'm frustrated about this automatic cue in autoplaymode and i'm considering to quit using Cross DJ just because of that. Sorry that we lost good things from older versions such as auto-cue desactivation and also the fact that we could place many windows side to side in version 1.5.5. I would like to see in my screen in the same time the autoplays list as well as the iTunes window like it was before in the version 1.5.5. Thanks.
Bernard Caron

Postby daniel clark on 02 Nov 2015, 00:30

:idea: not saying the suggestion is with out merit ,, :lol:
but if you want to switch back to earlier versions they are in the download section ,, which you will need to regerster to gain access to, also you will have to revert your collection since the later ver make changes in the data file ,that do not work in the earlier versions ,, :idea:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Bernard Caron Mtl on 02 Nov 2015, 01:08

unfortunatly, the older version does not work with recent iTunes updates. That is why I update Cross DJ and discover that auto-cue desactivation box has been removed from preferences. Snif !
Bernard Caron Mtl

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions