Cross DJ Remote for iPad won't connect to Cross Free

Mixvibes iOS / Android applications for iPhone and iPad: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ Remote for iPad won't connect to Cross Free

Postby robdquick on 14 Aug 2013, 18:23

Hi all,

I have just downloaded the free version of Cross DJ. I am thinking of switching from Traktor to Cross and so far I'm impressed!!

I just purchased the Cross DJ remote app for iPad, hoping that it would be handy for me to have as a backup should my controller ever go down. However, I can't get it to connect.

The button underneath status always shows a ! in a triangle, and I never get the option to select a computer. Both the computer running Cross and the iPad are on the same network, no firewall enabled on the win 7 laptop.

Anybody got any ideas??

Edit: More information... The connection between the iPad and computer is working in other apps (splashtop, teamviewer) so it's not that there's no connection.I have also closed down both teamviewer and splashtopon my computer (Thought that they were maybe using the same ports as Cross) but that hasn't made a difference.
robdquick

Re: Cross DJ Remote for iPad won't connect to Cross Free

Postby robdquick on 14 Aug 2013, 22:46

Ok, so I just installed Cross DJ free on my windows 8 partition, and it connected fine, so something must be blocking it on my win 7 partition.

Edit: Found the problem. I had disabled bonjour on my system because up until now I had never used it. Re-enabled and now it connects fine.
robdquick

Return to iOS Discussion