MixVibes partners with Pioneer to develop rekordbox

All you need to know about MixVibes.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

MixVibes partners with Pioneer to develop rekordbox

Postby jiel on 17 Sep 2009, 16:48

MixVibes is proud to announce its cooperation with Pioneer in the development of rekordbox music file management software. Today Pioneer unveiled the CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 multi players with rekordbox, as previewed in the “Dawn of a New Species” online teasers.

rekordbox is based on MixVibes Cross’ advanced media management functionality, and was developed for use in combination with Pioneer products. MixVibes was selected to develop rekordbox due to its ten years of experience in developing stable, high quality audio software for DJs. Like MixVibes Cross, rekordbox is built around a high-end audio engine to deliver high quality features, such as cue, loops, hot cues and the deck layout is based on the new CDJ hardware.

Pioneer issued the following statement:

Based on Pioneer’s ‘Prepare & Perform’ concept, rekordbox works (for both Mac and PC) like the leading music database management software, but is more creative and more DJ-friendly. rekordbox allows DJs to prepare more before their performance and opens a door to tools such as Hot Cue Banks and Quantize, for perfectly synced loops every time. DJs can then export data to a USB or SD device to access vast libraries of music files and perform live – without the need for extra equipment or any inconvenient rewiring in the club. No need to burn CDs, simply take your USB device to the club, plug in to the CDJ and play. Through the industry-first Pro DJ Link, music files and database data on one single USB or SD device can be shared simultaneously by up to four players connected via LAN (local area network) cable. Plus, the data history of each DJ set is automatically saved and can be made into a playlist that can be loaded back into rekordbox.

A major update of Cross is planned this year and will include native support with the Pioneer CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 for plug and play compatibility as well as many exclusive new features.

For more information on rekordbox, please visit your local Pioneer website.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jiel

Re: MixVibes partners with Pioneer to develop rekordbox

Postby djgoku on 17 Sep 2009, 17:21

this software looks like Cross .. :mrgreen:

"Rekordbox powered by MixVibes" for the official CDJ 2000 software: Bravo !
djgoku

Postby polocorp on 17 Sep 2009, 17:45

This could be a real turning point for MixVibes. making a partnership with the professional market leader in DJ hardware is a big leap for all the team and the users of course !

i can't wait to test one of these in the club, it will probably take a few weeks/months though, until clubs actually invest... but i'm sure this will happen progressively, probably under the influence of big venes/international DJs first and then spread out to smaller clubs.

At any rate, i can assume the improvements made in rekordbox will help improve Cross in the next updates. looking forward to what is to come for all MixVibes users :D
MixVibes PRO DJ TEAM

MixVibes Cross 2
MacBook PRO
CDJ-2000
DJM-800

http://polocorp.blogspot.com
http://Facebook.com/polocorp.music
polocorp

Postby phadedvision on 17 Sep 2009, 18:55

Major congrats!!!!
phadedvision

Postby John Wo_O on 17 Sep 2009, 19:51

Yea guys congratulations, this is huge.
although I'm not even close to be a possible Pioneer customer, I think that this partnership is a real win win for everybody and a nice recognition for the MV team.
John Wo_O

Postby abitmessie on 18 Sep 2009, 00:08

This is Massive Well Done to the Whole MixVibes Team

A joint venture with one of the biggest names in DJ products can only lead to great things
Once again congratulations on this triumph
I can only assume that this development can mean big things are coming to Cross on the near future.
Cant wait to have a go when this hits the Australian Market!!!
Producer 7.4, DVS 7.4, Cross 1.3.2,
M-Audio Quattro, U46mk2, Evolution UC33, LaunchPad Technics 1200sl Mk2 , Rane Empath, DDM4000
Windows 7 (Abits Build v2)

abitmessie

Postby abitmessie on 18 Sep 2009, 01:14

I have been checking the vidoes on the new cdj2000 and 900's
noticed that they are plugin Traktor and serato and virtul DJ why not mixvibes?
Has anyone at Mixvbies HQ tested these devices with Cross or Producer
M-Audio Quattro, U46mk2, Evolution UC33, LaunchPad Technics 1200sl Mk2 , Rane Empath, DDM4000

abitmessie

Postby UncleVibes on 18 Sep 2009, 08:45

"I can only assume that this development can mean big things are coming to Cross on the near future."

As soon team Cross & team RekordBox fusion their program lines & join their minds to complete Cross features. It couldn't be done before the release of the new Cdj 2000 & 900. It's now the priority.

"Once again congratulations on this triumph"

The real triumph?
Beating Serato now with the best DJ software: Cross
UncleVibes

Postby abitmessie on 18 Sep 2009, 08:55

UncleVibes wrote:

The real triumph?
Beating Serato now with the best DJ software: Cross

Indeed my friend!

abitmessie

Postby polocorp on 18 Sep 2009, 10:44

although I'm not even close to be a possible Pioneer customer,

I'm hoping rekordbox will become freeware available to all DJs and with the capacity to import other DVS system mediabases.

I know i can't afford a pair of CDJ 2000s, but i like the idea that i could showup at a club, use a great reliable deck with all my mediabase stored in a USB key, while my laptop is safely at home.

I'm lokking forward to testing these :mrgreen:
MixVibes PRO DJ TEAM

MixVibes Cross 2
MacBook PRO
CDJ-2000
DJM-800

http://polocorp.blogspot.com
http://Facebook.com/polocorp.music
polocorp

Next

Return to Announcements