Cross graphic interface freezes

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross graphic interface freezes

Postby lexidata on 03 Dec 2008, 06:44

hey guys,
I'll report a bug that I already reported on the old forum (beta version of Cross). I'm really surprised that the bug hasn't been corrected.

Anyway, for a unknown reason, when I load a track in a player, the graphics freezes. It comes back after a while (sometimes 30 sec sometimes 2 minutes, sometimes never or I just don't wanna wait and force quit Cross). Sound still work perfectly.

It doesn't do it every time I load a track, just sometimes.

I'm on a MacBook ver. 2.1, Mac OS X 10.5.5 Cross Demo 1.1.

I hope you'll find the reason for this bug. I assume that I'm not the only one with this problem. I was really looking forward for Cross on Mac OsX but knowing that this bug is still in version 1.1 I'm scared to buy it.
lexidata

Re: Cross graphic interface freezes

Postby UncleVibes on 03 Dec 2008, 09:40

I hope you'll find the reason for this bug. I assume that I'm not the only one with this problem. I was really looking forward for Cross on Mac OsX but knowing that this bug is still in version 1.1 I'm scared to buy it.

As you can see when you launch Cross 1.1 it's still in beta development. A couple of engineers work on Cross features, I understand it's hard work to assume stability.
For the moment continue to use the beta free program, you will have more beta to come soon.
Anyway thank you very much for your interest & for your report. More feedback is mostly welcome!
UncleVibes

Postby stick on 03 Dec 2008, 10:59

Hi lexidata, thanks for reporting.

It doesn't do it every time I load a track, just sometimes.

Next time it happens, can you check the format of the track you've loaded ? We've fixed a similar bug, that only happened with m4a files.

Keep me in touch :)
stick

Postby jiel on 03 Dec 2008, 11:14

lexidata wrote: I was really looking forward for Cross on Mac OsX but knowing that this bug is still in version 1.1 I'm scared to buy it.

Hi lexidata,

thanks for feedback, we are working on it.
Don't be scared to buy Cross, still in development, but as usual with MixVibes, you will get all the future updates for free.
jiel

Postby lexidata on 04 Dec 2008, 22:42

to stick:

It does it with MP3 (V0 I'll guess as 95 % of my collection is V0). But as soon as it happen again I'll come here and tell you wich format it was exactly.

Don't be scared to buy Cross, still in development, but as usual with MixVibes, you will get all the future updates for free.

is Cross vinyl gonna be a free update?
lexidata

Postby lexidata on 05 Dec 2008, 23:13

OK, it did it again.

I had the spinning beach ball from mac OS X during 30 sec when I loaded a MP3. It was a 7.7MB song coded in mp3 V2 VBR.

BUT, I tried again after that and it didn't freeze. :?:

I hope it helps even if I don't see how it could help you... :confused:
lexidata

Postby UncleVibes on 05 Dec 2008, 23:53

is Cross vinyl gonna be a free update?

If you help the development of Cross by reporting all your troubles, yes.
UncleVibes

Return to Community Support