CrossDJ for iPhone : New & Free

All you need to know about MixVibes.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

CrossDJ for iPhone : New & Free

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 21 Dec 2012, 15:49

Hey guys,
Big news for iPhone / iPod Touch owners: your favorite DJ software is now available for your device.

In a few words:
✔ Advanced DJ technology in your pocket
Scratching, loops, effects, hot cues: CrossDJ is the first app for iPhone that provides professional DJ features in an intuitive design. You can now mix any time, everywhere.

✔ DJ standard optimized for iPhone
The layout of CrossDJ replicates the industry standard DJ set-up: jog wheels, Cue/Play/Sync buttons, full-fledged mixer. The smart tab layout and big controls make mixing on the iPhone screen a breeze.

✔ A powerful tool, always on the beat
Based on the same engine as our Mac and iPad application, CrossDJ for iPhone provides the most reliable synchronization engine and BPM analysis of the market. Plus, you can visually preview your mix using parallel waveforms and sync meter.

✔ The easiest way to start DJing
CrossDJ provides direct access to your iPhone’s iTunes library and play-lists. It’s the best way to get a feel for DJing, without any feature limitation.
Stepping up to CrossDJ for iPad or to regular decks will be easy thanks to the application standard layout.

Best of all, it’s FREE !

Read more:
http://www.mixvibes.com/content/products/crossdj-iphone
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Re: CrossDJ for iPhone : Now available!

Postby rhopkins on 21 Dec 2012, 16:16

Why does nothing ever just work for me?

When I install it (tried twice now) it just hangs on the "Mixvibes" splash screen and then closes.

I use Spotify so only have a small number of tracks actually in the "Music" app. But I do have iTunes Match - could that be causing the problem, if it's looking at the library and trying to load in those tracks?
MacBook Pro - 15" (Mid 2014)
2.2Ghz Processor
16GB RAM

U-Mix Control Pro 2
Cross 3.3.10
rhopkins

Postby rhopkins on 21 Dec 2012, 16:43

UPDATE: I turned off iTunes Match on my iPhone and then it worked. I reckon you should make that clear :) (maybe you did somewhere already, I just haven't seen it).
2.2Ghz Processor
16GB RAM

U-Mix Control Pro 2
Cross 3.3.10
rhopkins

Postby Luziano on 21 Dec 2012, 17:52

Hi rhopkins,

We did a few tests with iTunes Match and we should support it.

I've tried to reproduce your bug, removing all the tracks from the device, deleting the app, turning on iTunes Match on and installing the app, no problem.

If you agree, I will contact you later by MP and ask you some questions in order to solve this issue.

Thanks for your feedback, hope you will enjoy the app :)
Luziano

Postby rhopkins on 21 Dec 2012, 18:03

Luziano wrote:Hi rhopkins,

We did a few tests with iTunes Match and we should support it.

I've tried to reproduce your bug, removing all the tracks from the device, deleting the app, turning on iTunes Match on and installing the app, no problem.

If you agree, I will contact you later by MP and ask you some questions in order to solve this issue.

Thanks for your feedback, hope you will enjoy the app :)

As I say, I've turned off iTunes Match and it now works. I don't really use it on my phone so it's fine.

I don't mind turning it back on if you want to do some more fault finding, just message me. :)
2.2Ghz Processor
16GB RAM

U-Mix Control Pro 2
Cross 3.3.10
rhopkins

Re: CrossDJ for iPhone : New & Free

Postby pchak on 22 Dec 2012, 14:39

Awesome app! I knew that it was only a matter of time before someone would do a nice job on this.

Now we just need someone to do it for Android. Not an iJobs fan.
pchak

Postby KevMaverick on 23 Dec 2012, 03:05

Such a great app, but sadly, as my iPod Touch is only a 1st Gen, I can't run the app. :(

Incidentally, even though my iPod Touch is 1st gen, and getting old, it still works brilliantly, and the battery still lasts for ages! So even though it's old, and looks a little worn, it's still my faithful friend when I'm out and about and need my music 'fix'! :D

Well done to the team for the great app though! :mrgreen:
Summer is here! Only 4 things we need - cold beer, hot ladies, loud music, and more cold beer!

March 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

HP Pavilion dv6
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-2450M
6 GB DDR3 ram
750Gb sata hd
Dual graphics Intel & Radeon
Beats Audio sound system
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
KevMaverick

Postby TyDee on 30 Dec 2012, 01:51

Hi guys,

just a quick one, that is not that obvious...

When using the app in either External Mixer or Split Output, make sure you have an output cable (either using the headphone socket or 30 pin socket) attached.

The app will grey out the External Mixer and Split Output options until an output cable is plugged in.

Was getting frustrated after purchasing the full version as these options were greyed out, but after plugging in all is good - It makes sense when you think about it :confused: :confused:

Matched with my iRig iMix, via a homemade splitter box, it works fantastically.

Superb job guys...now wish I had an iPad that supported the iPad version...and that your desktop/laptop version supported the Native Instruments S4.
TyDee

Postby Alexinhomg on 30 Dec 2012, 23:42

Hi guys suggestions for a new update, reset the eq after a play function, MIDI controller support, record my mixes option, the app is so friendly but needs a few fixes in the loop mode, fix the slips, or little pauses after cancel a loop
Alexinhomg

Postby TyDee on 31 Dec 2012, 23:05

Not sure if this is possible, but...

Say I used Cross DJ on my laptop...I would have all my tracks analysed, beatgrids adjusted, cue points set, etc. etc. I could then export this data, maybe as a playlist, to my iDevice.

This would allow me to the techie stuff on my nice big laptop, but use my iDevice as an extension of it - full integration between platforms.

I guess you'd have to use the apps file sharing capability, etc, etc..

I'm sure you guys can do it...based on my experience of Rekordbox :)
TyDee

Next

Return to Announcements