Mapping MIDI - Where is the documentation?

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Mapping MIDI - Where is the documentation?

Postby FigDJ on 03 Apr 2019, 14:46

dnine wrote:No, this controller is not following that standard and expects velocity 0 for Off, 1 for On and 2 for blinking...
I've tried that same MIDI out message for a ShiftLogic in Cross and using tools like MidiTerm and verified that the controller correctly lights up when that note/velocity is received...

Just as a test try using a MOdShiftLogic ML# instead of the MS10=# to see if you can light it up. I ran into this problem before and don't remember what I did to solve it but I suspect there is a problem with the output from Cross when using MS10=# commands.
FigDJ

Postby dnine on 04 Apr 2019, 13:34

Using ML# I can light it up, but this work very unreliable (I would have to film it to show it). After a some switching back and forth between ML1 and ML2, the output goes off (input still correctly detects whether ML1 or ML2 is true).

Using the ML's I haven't found a way for this scenario:

[list=]
[*]Button "1" should turn OFF ML1 when pressed (and ML1 is active)
[*]Button "2" should turn ON ML1 is not already on.
[*]I do NOT want ML1 to turn OFF when Button "2" is pressed EVER.
[/list]

I thought this could be done by adding ShiftLogic modifiers on these buttons as well, but that doesn't seem to help (You can still disable ML1 by pressing button "2".

That's the whole reason I started looking at the ShiftSelector which works as expected for INPUT, but not at all for OUTPUT...
dnine

Postby dnine on 12 Apr 2019, 18:41

FigDJ wrote:I forgot to mention that you can use a rotary endless encoder to increment and decrement MS10=# or you can use a regular rotary with active zones to select MS10=#

________MS10=3

MS10=2________MS10=4

MS10=1________MS10=5

Could you elaborate on that?

FigDJ wrote:Just as a test try using a ModShiftLogic ML# instead of the MS10=# to see if you can light it up. I ran into this problem before and don't remember what I did to solve it but I suspect there is a problem with the output from Cross when using MS10=# commands.

The ShiftLogic seems to work but has the drawback that the particular button assigned to the ShiftLogic can be pressed again which causes it to turn false again. I don't want that: I want these Shift states to be mutually exclusive (two decks can't be enabled at the same time).
The ShiftSelector (integer) works perfectly for this, only I can't get it to illuminate. So if you happen to know how that can be done I would be more that thrilled to know...
dnine

Postby dnine on 15 Apr 2019, 13:29

While this thread contains some valuable replies/information, we've drifted from the original question.
Could anyone from Mixvibes step in and provide some specs?
dnine

Previous

Return to Mapping Midi