Simply Need Improvements

Mixvibes iOS / Android apps for smartphones and tablets: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Simply Need Improvements

Postby AL-T on 25 Jun 2019, 08:17

I love the app and use it instead of iTunes.
I would like to suggest:

1. During playback - Switching between manual mix and automix. Can we get an option to switch after the song is done instead of instantly. This way user can play the chosen song activate automix and walk away. Upon returning can switch automix off at any time in the song without it stopping and continue to mix manually.

2. Adding to the Automix list - why can we only remove and reorder existing automix list, there is no option to add songs. That’s extremely needed!

3. Cue button - so many times I accidentally tap the cue button which changes the cue point and messes things up. Setting a cue point should be a long press. Short press should always go to the cue point no matter if the song is playing or paused.

4. We need metadata editing ability - sometimes the information needs to be corrected or renamed. User has to do it outside the app.

5. Keywords - we need to add our own searchable keywords to each long. Without them it is quite difficult to quickly find a right song in the needed moment.

These improvements would be greatly appreciated and used all the time. Thank you for reading :biggrin:
AL-T

Re: Simply Need Improvements

Postby RoJeC on 25 Jun 2019, 10:58

AL-T wrote:I love the app and use it instead of iTunes.
I would like to suggest:

1. During playback - Switching between manual mix and automix. Can we get an option to switch after the song is done instead of instantly. This way user can play the chosen song activate automix and walk away. Upon returning can switch automix off at any time in the song without it stopping and continue to mix manually.'

Would indeed be nice.
2. Adding to the Automix list - why can we only remove and reorder existing automix list, there is no option to add songs. That’s extremely needed!

Goto to tracklist (+ sign in deck) and you can add tracks to automix anytime.

3. Cue button - so many times I accidentally tap the cue button which changes the cue point and messes things up. Setting a cue point should be a long press. Short press should always go to the cue point no matter if the song is playing or paused.

Behaviour is similar to beahviour of most hardware. WOuld be confusing for DJ's if this app would suddenlybehave different.

4. We need metadata editing ability - sometimes the information needs to be corrected or renamed. User has to do it outside the app.

Yes would be nice, however this would require to create an additional database which consumes quite some space. Currently the mediabase of android is used as this holds most needed info.

5. Keywords - we need to add our own searchable keywords to each long. Without them it is quite difficult to quickly find a right song in the needed moment.

The search is pretty fast on title/artist. Adding keywords sounds nice, but will take you lot of effort to put them in (and android may lose them in several update situations.

Adding option to more general search might be easier like 4 char of title and 4 char of artist (like in PC/mac version) this usually is sufficent to get a shortlist of the tracks.
These improvements would be greatly appreciated and used all the time. Thank you for reading :biggrin:
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby AL-T on 27 Jun 2019, 09:11

Greatly appreciate your detailrd response.

Automix on iPad- I think there may be a bug.

So I followed your instructions and could not add songs to existing automix.

My attempts:
When I am just in the list view, I did not see any way to add songs to automix. Even with a long press or force touch.

When Automix enabled I get a warning to disable automix when + is pressed.

When I go into the list of current automix I can edit, which gives me delete or rearange only.

Am I missing something?

Once I remove all songs from automix, only then I see the add to automix buttons.
AL-T

Postby RoJeC on 27 Jun 2019, 11:08

I use android. So might be little differnt.

To go to the list of all tracks use the + of non acitve deck.

At the right of each track title are vertical dots. Click to open menu to have option to add to autoplay.

Hope this helps. ELse you may need someone using iOS.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Return to Android/iOS Suggestions