Export and import packs (Remixlive) - not working

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Export and import packs (Remixlive) - not working

Postby voom on 03 Jun 2021, 01:11

I am trying to get my own pack that I created on the Android tablet to my Android phone. Both run the same version of Remixlive (with Special Deal purchase)....

So, I move the exported pack-file (via GDrive) to the import pack folder on the other device. Hit "Import pack" in the app, and it imports it, says "pack imported" and I find a new folder in the packs folder with the extracted files from the import file. So far so good...

But then it does not show up anywhere in the app, so I can't use it. I closed the app and restarted etc. pp but nothing works.

What is strange, is that the structure of folders and filenames is different from the store packs. It's in a folder within a folder with the same name of the pack, to begin with.

Any idea what is going wrong here?
voom

Re: Export and import packs (Remixlive) - not working

Postby voom on 03 Jun 2021, 13:53

I really don't get it. Even if I export a pack and import it right back on the same device, it does not show up.

Now I thought, I could simply copy the pack folder of the newly created pack, but folders under "packs" only show the imported (from the store) packs. Which means, even as a means of backup exporting a pack will not be of any use.

Somewhere a new pack surely has to have it's files ;)

Also I wonder: if samples are "imported", where are they imported to? Does deleting a sample "from disk" within the app delete the original, oder just an imported copy somewhere? (Since there is no "remove from library")

The whole file management is a mess. I found a post in this forum from 2018 or so, where it was requested to have a file browser and the ability to sort samples in folders, it seems nothing has happened since then. One must still know the file name or metadata by heart and search for it in order to place it on a pad.

See: viewtopic.php?f=395&t=38921
voom

Return to Android Discussion