mp3 files not recognized

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: mp3 files not recognized

Postby bergen on 24 Sep 2020, 11:09

TaranQ wrote:Still no answer, no solution, just silence.
While I can reproduce the problem almost every time I load a new playlist with a bunch of mp3's
EVERY time there are files that can't be seen by CrossDJ :evil:
I'm currently on Oppo Find X2 Pro which has Android 10 (ColorOS 7.1) but I've also had the same problem on my previous device Oneplus 7T Pro (Android 10, OxygenOS) but also on an old Asus Tablet Running Android 7.
I've tried re-downloading the files (also from other source) with no luck.
Isn't anybody interested in solving this problem? I could provide the files that can't be seen by CrossDJ.

You clearly doing something wrong. I've imported a bunch of mp3s. They work fine.
Last edited by bergen on 25 Sep 2020, 04:18, edited 1 time in total.
bergen

Postby TaranQ on 24 Sep 2020, 11:34

I have been having this problem on several devices with different Android versions, with different kinds of mp3 files. 95% loads ok, but every new set of mp3's have some files not being seen by CrossDJ.
What could I be doing wrong here? The files are on my device and can be played in an audio player app. Even when using the File explorer to browse to the location, these files don't show up in the directory they supposed to be.
Only rarely all mp3's from a playlist load fine.
As already said mp3 files that play fine on all other devices.
I suspect some sort of mp3 decoding or ID3 tag character type or something that makes these files invisible to CrossDJ.
Worst part of all that nobody from the team seems to care. Same counts for the sync mode reverting back to 4 beats on device rotation (landscape to portrait or back) that can be reproduced on several devices with different Android versions. So it must be a bug. I have reported it numerous times with videos and even send email to support. and in a new app update nothing has changed.
Why doesn't anybody from the Mixvibes team contact me and see what is causing these bugs. Why are they not intersted in investigating the problematic mp3 files?
It's very hard for me to believe I'm an isolated case. Like I said 4 different devices with different Android version and all show the same behaviour.
TaranQ

Postby RoJeC on 24 Sep 2020, 23:27

bergen wrote:You clearly doing something wrong. I've imported a bunch of mp3s. They work fine.

This is a really unfriendly narrow minded reply. He can duplicate his issue for months. And some other users have occasionally replorted this as well.
Glad it works for you, but there are many standards and settings involved in every OS that can be causing this kind of issue. For starters language and character sets.
And in Win and OSX importing playlists is a strait forward process. In Android there is a lot of restructuring involved as it's not just folder/file based but database driven process.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby TaranQ on 24 Sep 2020, 23:42

It even doesn't work when I use the file explorer function inside the app.
Maybe some other user is willing to test problematic files to see whether they fall everywhere or just some combination of things only here?
TaranQ

Previous

Return to Android Discussion