Version 3.3.4 Fixes Automix

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Version 3.3.4 Fixes Automix

Postby Legaldeejay on 27 Sep 2018, 10:18

FINALLY! Thank you. Now it has a queue and seems to be working correctly now with Automix.
Legaldeejay

Re: Version 3.3.4 Fixes Automix

Postby RoJeC on 27 Sep 2018, 11:42

When trying to check it I seem to have lost all automix features. Or just don't understand if/how it was being rebuild.

When a track from a playlist is playing I can no longer start automix. The button flashes white but is not enabled.

WHen clicking the list button I get a new screen with a top menu. Nothing in it.

I couldn't find a way to start it at all.

Leave's no choice but to use the car radio once more...
using Android 7.0
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Legaldeejay on 27 Sep 2018, 17:28

You add songs to the Automix queue by going to the song list and then clicking the 3 dots next to the track and there is an option to add to the Automix queue.
Legaldeejay

Postby RoJeC on 28 Sep 2018, 00:14

Found that.

Next issue is that the autoplay doesn't respond to the Cross Fader. It doesn't load the next track and even continues the 'previous'track.

Seems even worse; once th enew menu for automix is closed it doesn't work no more. Only the loaded tracks are played. So it quits withou disabling automix.

Really don't hope this is by design as it would mean it has become a basic playlist player instead of a DJ feature.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby daniel clark on 28 Sep 2018, 01:03

:cool: yes something is difently different about auto mix on my tablet ,, didnt mind useing it as a random mixer ,,now realy doesnt function :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Legaldeejay on 28 Sep 2018, 09:01

Funny, I was the one who used to complain about this feature and now everybody else is. Working fine for me when figuring out how it works. Automix is turned off and on where you see the word Automix and also can be done in the queue. Next to the word Automix, there are 3 horizontal lines in a box which brings you to the Automix queue. Nothing will be in there unless you add a playlist or songs to the queue which is done by going to the songs and playlists and pressing the 3 dots on the right which bring up "Add to Automix". Once you have tracks in the Automix queue, starting the Automix will start the first song in the queue and then every song in the queue will play in order. Or you start the Automix with a different song by pressing the song you want in the queue and then it will play in order from that song. To change the order, you move the tracks up and down in the queue. You can turn Automix on and off in the queue also with a play and stop button. If you load a track from the player instead of playing from the queue or if you move the crossfader, the Automix will stop. You only change, move and play tracks from within the Automix queue. It takes some figuring out. It would help if there was a Help section for this.
Legaldeejay

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 28 Sep 2018, 22:10

Hi guys,

Legaldeejay has the work flow down correctly. This update really did confuse me at first, but do think it is much more flexible than before.

There is a 3.3.5 update that should be currently rolling out and it will add the ability to start the automix instantly if the queue is empty (similar to how it used to act). Which I think will help with the confusion.

Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby RoJeC on 29 Sep 2018, 00:24

Legaldeejay wrote:Funny, I was the one who used to complain about this feature and now everybody else is.

Might be that the autoplay worked pretty fine for most users for years :mrgreen: .
You can turn Automix on and off in the queue also with a play and stop button. If you load a track from the player instead of playing from the queue or if you move the crossfader, the Automix will stop. You only change, move and play tracks from within the Automix queue. It takes some figuring out. It would help if there was a Help section for this.

This is the scary part. Really hope this is fixed in 3.3.5. Really makes no sense to me why using any control would be a reason to stop the automix feature. This basically means all DJ features are disabled when running automix. For sure that would be a change of working with MixVibes software in over a decade; degrading the automix to a playlist player instead of a supportive feature for DJing. The only add-on to have it work closer to the PC/Mac version would be that you can change the 'next track' even when a different next track is loaded.

BTW I do understand that loading a track from the lib would result in ending the automix.

To avoid souding to negative: the new automix has definitely advantages; just let the user switch it off by clicking the autoplay button (or when loading a track manually with a warning...)
Ronald

RoJeC

Postby daniel clark on 29 Sep 2018, 02:32

:eek: got to play with the changes ,, thanks for the info ,,glad you are happy with the changes ,, used my tab/crossdj in garage with auto mix randomly playing my entire collection /hopefully the next set of changes will bring it back to original function or the same operation as before with the new change also :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor