MIDI mapping for android

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: MIDI mapping for android

Postby Mihai Pinciu on 16 Feb 2019, 07:16

Team@Mixvibes wrote:Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share this tutorial from DJ Tech Tools:

https://djtechtools.com/2018/07/10/how-to-use-any-controller-with-djay-pro-cross-dj-pro-ios-dj-apps/

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes

Why it isn't working for me?
Mihai Pinciu

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 16 Feb 2019, 19:44

Hi Mihai Pinciu,

Can you let me know if you are on Cross DJ Free or Cross DJ Pro?

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby Mihai Pinciu on 08 Apr 2019, 16:41

Team@Mixvibes wrote:Hi Mihai Pinciu,

Can you let me know if you are on Cross DJ Free or Cross DJ Pro?

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes

I use Cross DJ Pro
Mihai Pinciu

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 08 Apr 2019, 18:39

Thanks just wanted to make sure, Pro is the version that will allow for this "hack" so we should be able to get it to work.

Let me know which controller you are trying to use and your device details, you can also reach out through the contact support option in the advanced settings of the app, which will send us an email with your app version and device model info, which is useful to help figure out what might be causing the problem.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@Mixvibes

Postby Mihai Pinciu on 08 Apr 2019, 21:57

Team@Mixvibes wrote:Thanks just wanted to make sure, Pro is the version that will allow for this "hack" so we should be able to get it to work.

Let me know which controller you are trying to use and your device details, you can also reach out through the contact support option in the advanced settings of the app, which will send us an email with your app version and device model info, which is useful to help figure out what might be causing the problem.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes

My device is a Samsung J5 2017 and the controller is SDJ 100 A1(SilverCrest)
Mihai Pinciu

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 08 Apr 2019, 22:32

Thanks for those details! A few things to try is to make sure you are using a powered USB hub with the controller and connecting the hub to the OTG cable going to your device. The device itself will not allow enough power for the controller on it's own, hence the need for a hub.

Also make sure everything is on and connected before launching Cross DJ Pro, and if you have just recently copied the mapping file from Cross DJ PC/Mac for the SDJ 100 A1 try restarting your device.

If everything is in the correct place and connected in the right order, then you should be able to launch Cross DJ Pro and it should register that the controller is connected. Let me know if you can't get things working still.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
Thank You!
Team@Mixvibes

Postby Mihai Pinciu on 09 Apr 2019, 17:05

Team@Mixvibes wrote:Thanks for those details! A few things to try is to make sure you are using a powered USB hub with the controller and connecting the hub to the OTG cable going to your device. The device itself will not allow enough power for the controller on it's own, hence the need for a hub.

Also make sure everything is on and connected before launching Cross DJ Pro, and if you have just recently copied the mapping file from Cross DJ PC/Mac for the SDJ 100 A1 try restarting your device.

If everything is in the correct place and connected in the right order, then you should be able to launch Cross DJ Pro and it should register that the controller is connected. Let me know if you can't get things working still.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes

Tried with a powered USB hub... it dosen't work
Mihai Pinciu

Postby rmartin on 24 Jul 2019, 09:42

Tryed with
Cross DJ Pro Android on Tablet
Powered Hub
Beringher CMD Studio 4a

Install Cross DJ 4 on PC, exported mapping file and copy it on the folder of Cross DJ app on android device

Plugh the usb cable on Cross DJ Appear "Beringher CMD Studio 4a not supported"

any ideas?
Fabio
rmartin

Postby RoJeC on 24 Jul 2019, 14:46

Have you checked using the exact name of the file, which is case sensitive?

Also please register your Cross deksptop licensekey to show you have this version.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby rmartin on 14 Aug 2019, 15:07

Dear Ronald

Tnks for your reply.
You tell me that with Android it must work?

About case sensitive file, I don't rename the file take from Cross DJ PC version. I copy directly on Android folder.

About register Cross DJ copy? Why?
It's only for making file.... But it's wasn't a problem if I'm be sure it work

Tnks
Rmartin
rmartin

PreviousNext

Return to Android Discussion