MIDI mapping for android

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

MIDI mapping for android

Postby Mihai Pinciu on 22 Apr 2018, 14:47

In future versions of the android app, we'll have MIDI mapping??
Mihai Pinciu

Re: MIDI mapping for android

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 22 Apr 2018, 17:53

Hello Mihai Pinciu,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Mixvibes' Forum!

Open MIDI mapping has been something that has been requested numerous times for all of our mobile apps. I can't say for sure if or when it will be added, but can bring up your request with the rest of the team. The more it is requested the more likely it is that it will be added in a future update.

Regards,

Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby jon267 on 29 Apr 2018, 20:49

Team@Mixvibes wrote:The more it is requested the more likely it is that it will be added in a future update.

Regards,

Adam @Mixvibes

Great app. Please take this as another request for this feature.
jon267

Postby computerguru on 17 Dec 2018, 00:32

This feature has been requested for over 3 years now:
viewtopic.php?f=395&t=34743

Granted, 3 years ago, Android didn't have MIDI support like it does now (as of Marshmallow):
https://source.android.com/devices/audio/MIDI

Having an awesome Android app like this only support 6 MIDI controllers severely limits your user base. In particular, I'm looking at either using a Behringer CMD 2A or a Numark MixTrack Pro 3 MIDI controller...both of which have mappings in the full desktop app.

If it's a matter of developer time/effort/cost, make it an add-on feature and charge for it!
computerguru

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 22 Dec 2018, 21:11

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share this tutorial from DJ Tech Tools:

https://djtechtools.com/2018/07/10/how-to-use-any-controller-with-djay-pro-cross-dj-pro-ios-dj-apps/

While it's not going to allow for support for newer controllers, it does open up the possibilities to use many more than the current 6 supported ones. The article is for iOS but also works for Android (I have tested with my own custom Reloop Mixtour mapping) .

I will have to double check on the exact location where you need to put the files for android but I believe it should be somewhere in Android/data/com.mixvibes.here.crossdj/files/

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@Mixvibes

Postby jon267 on 27 Jan 2019, 09:46

Team@Mixvibes wrote:Hi everyone,

https://djtechtools.com/2018/07/10/how-to-use-any-controller-with-djay-pro-cross-dj-pro-ios-dj-apps/

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes

I've tried this, and everything that I need is working fine except for the pitch slider range. This is stuck at 100% even though I have adjusted it in the settings to 4%. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the settings in the MIDI mapping file or something else. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
jon267

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 01 Feb 2019, 19:45

Hey jon267,

If you reach out to me through support@mixvibes.com and attach the mapping file I can take a look.

You can also try to upload directly here, but since you are using the Android version there is no license/serial number to register and I believe you need to be registered to be able to attach files in the forums.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
Thank You!
Team@Mixvibes

Postby jon267 on 03 Feb 2019, 10:13

Team@Mixvibes wrote:Hey jon267,

If you reach out to me through support@mixvibes.com and attach the mapping file I can take a look.

You can also try to upload directly here, but since you are using the Android version there is no license/serial number to register and I believe you need to be registered to be able to attach files in the forums.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes

Adam, thanks for the reply. Since posting this I decided to upgrade my controller, so have bought a Pioneer DDJ SB2, I am waiting for it to arrive. Once I've got it I will test it out, if I have the same issue I will contact you via support.
jon267

Postby Bessalitskykh on 05 Feb 2019, 23:49

Thanks for sharing! It's quite helpful to me too.
Bessalitskykh

Postby Mihai Pinciu on 16 Feb 2019, 07:15

Team@Mixvibes wrote:Hi everyone,

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes

Why it isn't working for me?
Mihai Pinciu

Next

Return to Android Discussion