MIDI mapping for android

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: MIDI mapping for android

Postby M4rc Stone on 15 Apr 2020, 23:01

I've got a I Traktor Kontrol S4 Mk1 and trying to connect this up. Has anyone manged to map this correctly? I've looked in the DJTT Database as suggested in this thread but I don't see a mapping file.
M4rc Stone

Postby rmartin on 25 Jul 2020, 08:21

samymn wrote:.....
When I tried a second time, I found out that I had to change the "id" field inside the file to make it work.
How to get it correctly was the interesting part:
1. Just plug the controller to a PC and find the USB Vendor and Product IDs. There are many ways to find it out. I just used lsusb from a Linux machine. They are normally shown as a four digit hexadecimal code.
2. Concatenate the 2 IDs in hex code (VendorId and ProductId) and convert the 8 digit result to decimal. That's the number you put on the mapping file as.....

Cheers!

Hi dear can you explain me better I don't understand how and where you insert/change the code?
Tnks
Rmatin

Why Mixvibes don't insert this function on Pro version?
rmartin

Postby samymn on 25 Jul 2020, 14:25

Hi!

If you already has the ID number, just change the field inside the mapping file with a text editor and save the file.

I'm not sure it works on any controller, though.

cheers!
samymn

Postby rmartin on 26 Jul 2020, 15:39

samymn wrote:Hi!

If you already has the ID number, just change the field inside the mapping file with a text editor and save the file.

I'm not sure it works on any controller, though.

cheers!

Hi dear , today I lost other 3 hours for try to change the Id following your suggestion.
Thanks HEX id Manufacturer and controller, change in decimal and replace. But nothing change. The error is the same. The controller is not supported. I'm frustrating about this.

I connect the controller and I receive the error, so the app find the controller. and write me the name of the controller.... so why it don't work?

Thanks for your reply, if any other have other idea or suggestion please write here. I'm very disappointed with Mixvibes, Why they don't support all controller.

thanks
Fabio
rmartin

Postby RoJeC on 26 Jul 2020, 15:53

Have you conidered blaming Android? If Android treated the MIDI protocol like Win and OSX hardcoding to get a device connected wouldn't be required.
And the other important reason to be careful with Android is that there are 1000s of versions around. :D
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby rmartin on 26 Jul 2020, 16:21

@RoJeC
Thanks for your fast reply.
Blaming Android?
No, but the problem is that Cross DJ write me an error write me the exat name of my device, when I connect it.

So It know what kind of controller is attached, and the connection work because the device is discovered.
So I don't really understand why it don't work.

I test more and more times... but nothing.

Is here something like debug for understand why Cross DJ don't work with my controller?
Is there the ID changing on the mapping file mandatory?
thanks
Fabio
rmartin

Postby flaep on 04 Aug 2020, 16:02

RoJeC wrote:Have you conidered blaming Android? If Android treated the MIDI protocol like Win and OSX hardcoding to get a device connected wouldn't be required.
And the other important reason to be careful with Android is that there are 1000s of versions around. :D

If Mixvibes would support in app MIDI mapping like other apps do, it would not be that complicated.

G-Stomper has MIDI mapping, so does DRC.
I also tried the to add mapping from the desktop app and it did not work out.

Just add it as experimental feature. Or do you rely on controller manufacture money?
flaep

Previous

Return to Android Discussion