Pioneer DDJ-SB2 + iOS or Android = SUCCESS!

Mixvibes iOS / Android applications for iPhone and iPad: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Pioneer DDJ-SB2 + iOS or Android = SUCCESS!

Postby Chirro on 23 May 2020, 21:03

Hello, I'm going to try to explain my success using Pioneer DDJ-SB2 with Cross DJ, both versions, iOS and Android.

At first, please forgive my bad English, I'm Spanish. I hope you understand everything.

- Getting the right map

1- Download the demo version of Cross DJ from here:

https://www.mixvibes.com/cross-dj-free-download/

2- Install the software.

3- Plug your MIDI controller (in my case Pioneer DDJ-SB2) and execute program.

4- Go to "Preferences" and click on "MIDI" tab. You will see your controller selected in orange in the list.

5- Push button "Export controller mapping", down in the list, right button, and save the map with any name (the name is not relevant).

6- Close Cross DJ.

- Change some things in the map

1- The map exported is a plain text XML file. Edit it with any capable program, for example (in Windows) Notepad.

2- The important thing. Change this:

PCDevice="Pioneer DDJ-SB2" MacDevice="Pioneer DDJ-SB2"

with this:

PCDevice="DDJ-SB2" MacDevice="DDJ-SB2"

in iOS and Android my device is detected as "DDJ-SB2", so this is the right name.

3- Save the map with whatever name you want. I have renamed as "Pioneer DDJ-SB2.mappings" to be coherent with the other ones.

- Put the map in the right place

In iOS you have to put this map in a folder called "Mappings" inside Cross DJ app. My way has been sending the map by email and use the app "Files" in my iPad.

In Android you have to put this map in this path:

/Android/datacom.mixvibes.crossdjapp/files/Mappings

- Final steps

The power consume of Pioneer DDJ-SB2 is about 500 mAh so you have to use a powered USB HUB to make it work.

Mine is this:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07M5LMGXZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In iPad, plug this HUB in the Apple Camera Adapter. I recommend using the original one. Mine is this:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01DGDNL2G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In Android use any USB OTG adapter.

This is all. You can plug the device before or after executing Cross DJ.

*If you can't hear anything from the headphones out of SB2, be sure to check this:

Advanced settings -> Audio output mode ->Dual

This Cross DJ preference has to be in DUAL mode.

If you have any problem, please take a look at this inspiring post:

https://djtechtools.com/2018/07/10/how-to-use-any-controller-with-djay-pro-cross-dj-pro-ios-dj-apps/

If I can help you in any way or sending the modified map, send me an email to chirro@gmail.com

Good luck! :biggrin:
Last edited by Chirro on 22 Jun 2020, 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
Chirro

Re: Pioneer DDJ-SB2 + iOS or Android = SUCCESS!

Postby Chirro on 26 May 2020, 09:19

I downloaded Cross DJ Free for my iPad from Apple Appstore. After using for about two hours I was convinced, I bought valuepack to "unlock all the features".

After this I saw some tutorials talking about Waveform view, beatgrid and hotcues editing and some other things that are NOT in my app, I was confused. In the tutorials said that those things are on the "Pro" version.

The "Pro" version costs exact the same as I paid for valuepack (at least in Spain). In every moment I thought I would get ALL the features, but this was not true.

I have tried to get a refund or exchange my version with the Pro one,but the support from MixVibes are ignoring me.

I love Cross DJ for iOS but I think it's a shame I would have to pay twice for a mistake. I know is little money but they not clarified this in the App info, so I think they should give me a refund.

I write all this things here because I wrote at least 4 or 5 messages to support (contact form doesn't work) and they are doing nothing.

Be careful with the support Team.

Sorry for bothering the rest of forum members.

Chirro
Chirro

Postby Chirro on 27 May 2020, 08:31

Solved, Apple has cancelled my purchase.
Chirro

Postby bergen on 10 Jun 2020, 13:53

Found this thread googling if it's possible to connect.

Can you please tell me what text I should insert here PCDevice="?" MacDevice="?" if I have a Denon MC4000? I've tried "MC4000", "Denon MC4000" with no success :( .
bergen

Postby Chirro on 12 Jun 2020, 09:24

Hi Bergen. When I plug my device in my iPad (Pioneer DDJ-SB2) a popup window tells me that my device named "X" is not supported. You have to write exactly THIS (X) name in those fields. Be careful with capital letters. I think this has to be "exactly" the same.

Also be sure to use the right mapping exported from Cross DJ version in your PC or Mac.

Good luck.
Chirro

Return to iOS Discussion