DRM from iTunes, I own the mp3 file why is this?

Mixvibes iOS / Android applications for iPhone and iPad: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

DRM from iTunes, I own the mp3 file why is this?

Postby Erick626 on 21 Mar 2019, 01:43

I was able to download the app on my iPad air but currently having issues loading my mp3 files to Cross DJ app Pro for iOS (I paid the $7.99). Once I select a song to play, I keep getting the message "track cannot be played, Apple does not authorize apps to play tracks that are downloaded from iTunes DRM protection" why am I getting this warning? I own all the music and all my music is under mp3 format? I added all my mp3 files using my PC thru iTunes, from there to my iPad air. What am I missing or is there a better way to add mp3 files to my iPad skipping the process of utilizing iTunes? Please help thanks again.
Last edited by Erick626 on 21 Mar 2019, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
Erick626

Re: DRM from iTunes, I own the mp3 file why is this?

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 21 Mar 2019, 01:51

Hi again Erick, just wanted to copy/paste this here too, incase any iOS users have a similar issue:

Very strange, Cross DJ should work with purchased music and only show that message for Apple Music files. You can check to make sure that Cross DJ is allowed to access your media in your iPads settings, then scroll down to find Cross DJ. Make sure the Media and Apple Music toggle is switched on and green (for some reason this is the terminology used by Apple now even though no other app can actually access Apple Music files).

You can also try restarting your iPad after that and if none of that helps let me know. You can also send one of the tracks you are trying to load as an attachment to support@mixvibes.com if possible, and we can run some of our own tests to get to the bottom of this.

Also I just thought to check and see the exact version of Cross DJ you have installed, it should say in the apps advanced settings (gear icon then +advanced) at the very bottom.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby Erick626 on 21 Mar 2019, 18:53

Adam once again thank you so much! I did exactly as you said and still didn't work, so I went back to settings and kept turning the Apple music toggle on to off several times and that trigger the solution. Whatever it was, that solved the problem.

Thank you so much!
Erick626

Postby Jane2070 on 01 Apr 2020, 06:01

Hi,
Thanks for the info. My friend recommended another easy way to keep Apple Music and mix it with Cross DJ app, which is to use something like TunesKit to get rid of DRM and convert Apple Music to MP3. I tried it, the quality is quite good.
Jane2070

Return to iOS Discussion