Spotify integration

Suggest features and improvements

Spotify integration

Postby Noss281 on 31 Mar 2017, 06:49

My suggestion is that for new Cross version 4.0 we will get spotify or Apple Music or pulselocker for streaming music it will really put Cross on the top of DJ software.
Noss281

Re: Spotify integration

Postby RoJeC on 31 Mar 2017, 13:30

Using streaming music for public is against the license by most providers.

So integration would main MixVibes could be held liable for providing this situation.

Also streaming audio is usually played via an audio buffer of seconds. Which means responsiveness is horrible as appx 5ms would be required.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Antoine_G on 01 Jun 2017, 10:58

And for bedroom DJs? Or to check how a song fit well in a DJ set before buying it?

It would be a feature offered by Cross and allowed by Spotify. The DJ is responsible for using or not this feature, not Mixvibes.

Algoriddim implements Spotify in Djay (and Spotify promote Djay for this integration). DJuced integrates Qobuz too in the last beta. What about Deezer, Google Play Music, Apple Music, Tidal, etc...?

Virtual DJ has its own store and Serato integrates Pulselocker (these 2 solutions are compliant with legal licences).
Antoine_G

Postby RoJeC on 01 Jun 2017, 15:25

Antoine_G wrote:It would be a feature offered by Cross and allowed by Spotify. The DJ is responsible for using or not this feature, not Mixvibes.

This basically is true. However if even 'just' being sued by one of the artists (or whoever involved) is a costly issue. Several $1000 for just sending a reply by a lawyer....

It wouldn't be the first time a software manufacturer is being sued for abuse by users.

The others you suggested have a commercial license given your description. So might cover the commercial use. Nevertheless be aware that it's not just one right. Artist(s), Producer, composer, distribution and more are involved by seperate laws.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby DJ Greg on 15 Dec 2017, 22:54

Why does it work with Soundcloud and not with Spotify ? Isn't that the same ? Streaming ? And in Soundcloud I can also find music from artists, so I can get sued ??? And I pay for my Spotify-account, and not for Soundcloud...

Solution might be that you can use the music from your Spotify account that you've downloaded (offline-modus), so you don't suffer lag when mixing (no streaming) ?
DJ Greg

Postby RoJeC on 16 Dec 2017, 00:26

Soundcloud doesn't allow content which has been copied into mixes without having the right to it. Until some years ago they were less strict, which caused them to be sued and almost went down the drain.

They did a major clean up of there content and ever since they have pretty strict kept policies.

If you downloaded from spotify you're still not allow to 'distribute' the music. Further spotify is a streaming service with significant delay (seconds) whereas Soundcloud is able to send the full track you can use it for DJing with milliseconds responsiveness.
Ronald

RoJeC

Postby BoldFaceType on 23 Dec 2017, 05:16

Now that Pulselocker has officially gone under, it seems MV made the best choice going with SoundCloud.

The selection of tracks on SoundCloud is great, and you have the added advantage of new artist tracks, which isn't nearly as robust on Spotify. That means cutting edge music, usually for free, and very little risk of copyright infringement due to tracks being given away under a free use license, or just the convenience of negotiating copyrights directly with the artist.

I understand that there was a lot of speculation about SoundCloud going out of business, but so far they have managed to last longer than Pulselocker.

Now the the 3 biggest DJ software manufactures don't offer streaming. It seems like MV has the right idea.

-BFT
Lenovo ThinkPad T510
- 240GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro
- SP1 Intel Core i5 m520 @ 2.40GHz,
- 8.00 GB (3.86 GB usable), 64-bit os

Pioneer XDJ-R1
American Audio 14MXR
Technics SL1200 MK2 (Shure M44-7)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8013)
Apple iPhone 6
U-Mix Control Pro 2 (semi-retired)
BoldFaceType

Postby BoldFaceType on 23 Dec 2017, 05:19

Now that Pulselocker has officially gone under, it seems MV made the best choice going with SoundCloud.

The selection of tracks on SoundCloud is great, and you have the added advantage of new artist tracks, which isn't nearly as robust on Spotify. That means cutting edge music, usually for free, and very little risk of copyright infringement due to tracks being given away under a free use license, or just the convenience of negotiating copyrights directly with the artist.

I understand that there was a lot of speculation about SoundCloud going out of business, but so far they have managed to last longer than Pulselocker.

Now the the 3 biggest DJ software manufactures don't offer streaming. It seems like MV has the right idea.

-BFT
Lenovo ThinkPad T510
- 240GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro
- SP1 Intel Core i5 m520 @ 2.40GHz,
- 8.00 GB (3.86 GB usable), 64-bit os

Pioneer XDJ-R1
American Audio 14MXR
Technics SL1200 MK2 (Shure M44-7)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8013)
Apple iPhone 6
U-Mix Control Pro 2 (semi-retired)
BoldFaceType

Postby DJ Greg on 23 Dec 2017, 09:30

I don't understand, there is other DJ software that includes Spotify integration (if you have a Premium account of course)...
DJ Greg

Postby Shock_a_Peak on 23 Feb 2019, 17:39

Hello all,
what's new with Spotify integration ?
Too much time I'm waiting for that !

@ users, do you know any solution to mix with spotifiy and timecodes (Djay Algoriddim does not support timecodes) ...

So seriously, I love Cross but without the spotify feature, it really becomes obsolete.

Thanks all !
Shock_a_Peak

Next

Return to Suggestions