Cross DJ 4 - Beatgrid question!

Post your tips and tutorials here
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ 4 - Beatgrid question!

Postby jag2911 on 31 Jul 2019, 17:30

Hey guys,

What is the suggested solution when one of your tracks has a start which is on the off beat. Essentially you cannot define the cue point to the correct start point of the track because it is silent / out of view.

It feels like the solution would be the ability to be able to add additional space at the front of the track so that you could move the beatgrid into the correct position so that the correct sync structure is followed? If such a feature exists I haven't managed to find it! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Justin
jag2911

Re: Cross DJ 4 - Beatgrid question!

Postby jag2911 on 31 Jan 2020, 18:21

600+ views and no replies lol

Is this question hard to understand? Seems odd that no one has replied so I am now questioning my own sanity lol

If I'm being dumb and missing something obvious then a little help would be hugely appreciated lol
jag2911

Postby RoJeC on 03 Feb 2020, 23:59

If you register your license key in your user profile users can see you're a real Cross user by the badge you'll get.

Unfortunately 100s of spammers join weekly which demotivates to answer just any user.

In Cross there's no option to go before t=0.000000
You can however set the level of syncing in preferences.
ALterantive would be to add silence to the begining in e.g a program like Audacity (freeware).

The View count for posts is also disturbed by crawlers so 600 doesn't mean to much.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby jag2911 on 04 Feb 2020, 14:34

RoJeC wrote:If you register your license key in your user profile users can see you're a real Cross user by the badge you'll get.

Unfortunately 100s of spammers join weekly which demotivates to answer just any user.

ALterantive would be to add silence to the begining in e.g a program like Audacity (freeware).

The View count for posts is also disturbed by crawlers so 600 doesn't mean to much.

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for the reply.

You have asked me about registering my license in my user profile before and I was sure that I had done it!

I will check again now and try to resolve that for you.

In terms of my question, what would the syncing options give me? I did think that adding silence to the beginning would be an option to resolve this issue but just wanted to check I wasn't mising something within Cross DJ first of all.

Thanks for the help

Justin

PS please could you reply to my other post about corrupted m4a files?
Last edited by jag2911 on 04 Feb 2020, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
jag2911

Postby jag2911 on 04 Feb 2020, 15:22

RoJeC wrote:If you register your license key in your user profile users can see you're a real Cross user by the badge you'll get.

Hi again,

Considering i was able to download Cross DJ 4.1.2 (Mac), does this mean that I have successfully registered the key?

I have my serial number within the "Serial Number" box within my profile. It's only on one single line as per the instructions.

If so why am I not being seen as a registered user?

Thanks, Justin
jag2911

Return to Tips & Tutorials