[updated] QUNEO 2 + 2 deck mapping for external mixer

Post your tips and tutorials here
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

[updated] QUNEO 2 + 2 deck mapping for external mixer

Postby discopex on 03 Jul 2013, 00:24

Hi

Finally got around to sharing my tried and tested mapping which is so far pretty good for my workflow at least ! :D

You get your decks A and B with almost every adjustment but as a bonus you can load and sync decks C and B as well. I did not implement cues and beatgrid editing for C and B as I only added these decks as an afterthough to try out. I'm also afraid it could get too busy or complicated if you could have everything for each deck using shift modifiers (press the wrong shift or if the shift won't register, your mix could be easily ruined... :twisted: )

There's also some cool LED action which is part useful, part lightshow. There's a beatflash for decks A + B and also the AUTOLOOP button changes colour depending if it is active or not. Also made all the cue buttons glow yellow as it simply looks better that way. :mrgreen:

Without further ado, here are the necessary files.

First you will need my Quneo preset file as (load it in your Quneo editor) so you'll get all the MIDI messages in and out right.
Next up is the mapping preset for Cross(DJ).
And finally some instructive pics on the functions, one without shift keys and the other ones with shift buttons.

I hope you enjoy the mappings and improve it to work for you !
I've used it for some time now and feel it is pretty logical once you get the hang of it. Cheers ! :cool:
Quneo no shift.jpg
Quneo shift 1 held down.jpg
Quneo shift 2 held down.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by discopex on 16 Jul 2013, 22:39, edited 2 times in total.
Thinkpad X240, 8 Gb / 512Gb SSD
running Cross 3.4.3 64-bit
Allen & Heath K2, Pioneer DJM-450
discopex

Re: QUNEO 2 + 2 deck mapping for external mixer

Postby discopex on 03 Jul 2013, 00:31

Here's everything inside one ZIP file !

fine tuned to latest version on July 16th, 2013.
QUNEO preset.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by discopex on 16 Jul 2013, 23:06, edited 3 times in total.
discopex

Re: QUNEO 2 + 2 deck mapping for external mixer

Postby discopex on 03 Jul 2013, 13:49

And this is how it should look in your Quneo editor. Note that some buttons are just one note while others may have several different notes for different functions. I disabled all the extra stuff for pads such as pressure, velocity in order to help my mapping. Also remember to untick 'Local LED behaviour' box behind 'LEDs' tab. Hope everything works for you, feel free to ask for help.

:cool:
quneoeditor.jpg
discopex

Re: [updated] QUNEO 2 + 2 deck mapping for external mixer

Postby discopex on 16 Jul 2013, 22:50

And this is how the Quneo looks lit up ! sorry for the mediocre pic quality. :lol: In LOOP mode the autoloop pad is orange. The filter and fx faders and the jogs lit up when you touch them and thus show the position of fx and filter. I guess the jog cannot quite yet be mapped to animate sync ring.

I tried to use the led colours to make a clear distinction between decks and functions, this is why some pads are only partially lit.

Also the FX arrow buttons and SLIP mode button light up when activated.
quneoplay.JPG
quneoloop.JPG
discopex

Return to Tips & Tutorials