Unique Problem?

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Unique Problem?

Postby kingcareco on 12 Jan 2021, 10:45

Hi All! Apologies if the problem I'm having isn't unique but I couldn't find any reference to anything similar in the forum. I just bought Cross DJ as well as a U-Mix Control Pro (1) but Cross DJ doesn't have the U-Mix show up in the audio settings as a selectable output device. It works as a MIDI device just fine.

I assume this might have something to do with not having the correct drivers installed. I bought the U-Mix used and it came with the install disk but I don't have a disk drive on my laptop =P

I tried to find the corresponding driver on the forums but the one that looked like the right one to download (this one - U-Mix Control Pro firmware 4.2) couldn't be unzipped once downloaded.

Can anyone point me to the right spot to download the firmware update, or should I just buy a external disk drive to try to install the original software, or am I barking up the wrong tree altogether?

Thanks for your help!
kingcareco

Re: Unique Problem?

Postby RoJeC on 12 Jan 2021, 20:14

See grey bar on top with instructions to be able to download the most recent version associated with your license. Please be aware that if you have a second hand license the previous owner has to inform that the leicense key can be transferred.
Or the account can be transferred (usually easier and faster) if he/she provides you the credentials.
You haven't mentioned the version you use. Just don't start by doing firmware things. Hardly ever the problem.
If you have a Cross version that is 64 bit first try to use the 32 bit version of Cross. This is also installed (if you don't see 32 or 64 mentioned in the icon names you likely have an older version.

There is some more to be tried but only makes sense if you have a recent version.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Re: Unique Problem?

Postby kingcareco on 12 Jan 2021, 21:57

Thanks for your help RoJec! I have the newest version of CrossDj4, version 4.2.0 (just bought the other day from the site) so I'm guessing you are right, that I should be running the 32bit version instead.

I'm probably just an idiot, but I can't seem to figure out how to download, or if it's already downloaded in the latest version, access the 32bit version. I'm on a mac running High Sierra. Have tried right clicking the icon, digging into the application, searching the forums.

Really appreciate the help!
kingcareco

Return to Community Support