Cross DJ 4 Beta Bug/Crash Report Guide

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ 4 Beta Bug/Crash Report Guide

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 20 Mar 2019, 21:48

Hello everyone!

With the preorder of Cross DJ 4 you will be given early access to the beta version, along with the final release version of Cross DJ 4.

We would be very grateful for any help in reporting and troubleshooting bugs/crashes and are open to all feedback regarding the app.

Crashes should be reported in the same way as Cross DJ 3, here is the info from our help page:
Sending us a crash report, along with a description of the context of the crash (Cross version and usage scenario that led to the crash) will help us fix and make Cross the perfect software. Crash reports can be found in the following places:

PC: Type Windows+R (that is hold the windows key and press R) and type AppData, followed by enter. This will open an explorer window in the hidden folder “AppData”. Navigate through “Roaming” > “MixVibes” > “Crashes”. From there you will find the crash dumps useful for debugging. Locate, by date, the one related to the crash you want to describe. This is the file you need to send us. Note that this file is not a text file and can’t be opened (usefully) by anyone than us.

Mac: When Cross crashes on Mac, a popup window stating the program closed appears. This popup window has a “Report” button. Once clicked, you should copy/paste the whole crash report (all the text) and send it to us.

Just to make things easiest, it is best to send these text files as attachments to support@mixvibes.com. You can also attach them to a post/topic here, but to save time please do not copy/paste the crash report into a post.

For bugs and other feedback, please try to be as detailed as possible when describing and if possible try taking a screenshot or screen recording for display issues.

Feel free to report things either in this topic, or in a new topic but please keep them to the 'Technical Support' page.

Thank you all in advanced!
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Re: Cross DJ 4 Beta Bug/Crash Report Guide

Postby kidd421 on 25 Mar 2019, 23:48

the app crashes sometimes when I'm in the MIDI section. when I try to map my m-audio xsession pro, also I have a Toshiba satellite e45t-b i5 core 4210u cpu@ 1.70Ghz 6gb ram 64bit op system x64 based processor running win 10
kidd421

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 26 Mar 2019, 04:54

Please send us the crash logs/dmp files so we can further diagnose the crashes you are having.

Thanks!
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby kidd421 on 27 Mar 2019, 03:28

Will do
kidd421

Postby alocin on 31 Mar 2019, 02:56

Hello,

I think i've found a couple of bug in autoplay:

- If fade time is set to 0 it fade in 8 sec +-

- (This not happens every time) Disabling "Autoplay in Sync" pressing "Play Next Autoplay Track" passing from deck A to B will mix the songs in the time set(except for 0 sec), passing from deck B to A the second song start only after the Crossfader reach the left side.

- If Autoplay is stopped, it dont start from the selected track in the list but from the last played.

- Right clicking a song and choosing "Autoplay in player A" (same in B) Cross DJ crasch (report attached)

My sistem: Dell XPS 15 9570, i7-8570, 8GB ram, Windows 10 pro

I apologize for my English.

Thanks,

Nicola
alocin

Postby elsedr on 04 Apr 2019, 20:29

Без названия.rtf
hi! i\d like to say you that i have registered 4 beta here. downloaded beta to my mac. when i start the app on mac it ask me to create account. i fill everything correctly but when i press create account button app is crashing down!. it happens every time i try to open Cross DJ 4 for mac so that means i have never have a chance to use Cross DJ 4 since i've bought it! it always crashes at the beggining!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elsedr

Postby elsedr on 05 Apr 2019, 06:16

how long do i need to wait for approving my replies by moderators???
elsedr

Postby RoJeC on 16 Apr 2019, 22:04

Moderators are volunteers, not staff of mixvibes. So it usually is done when a mod has some spare time.
Normally only first post(s) have to be approved. After this (if registered) your post will automatically be approved.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby TinouCAS on 17 Apr 2019, 15:56

elsedr wrote:
Без названия.rtf
hi! i\d like to say you that i have registered 4 beta here. downloaded beta to my mac. when i start the app on mac it ask me to create account. i fill everything correctly but when i press create account button app is crashing down!. it happens every time i try to open Cross DJ 4 for mac so that means i have never have a chance to use Cross DJ 4 since i've bought it! it always crashes at the beggining!

Hi,

Sorry to hear that, I thought this crash was already fixed in the currently available Beta (in the download center).
If you can confirm that's the version you are using, I will look into it.
You'll find the version in the About window (from the menu) : the latest one is Beta 20190327.
TinouCAS

Postby adamdevine on 28 Apr 2019, 14:51

Thanks for your vision. I am also working on this concept. As I get the answer, I will inform you.
adamdevine

Next

Return to Community Support