BPM match in Vinyl mode?

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

BPM match in Vinyl mode?

Postby lillam on 16 Apr 2011, 21:16

Hi everyone,
ive tried to search older threads for an answer but couldnt find one...

is it possible to match bpms of cued tracks in vinyl mode in any way whatsover??

obviously the decks have their own pitch control, but what would be great is to leave the decks on +0 and have the help of the Match button to get the tracks as close in time as possible...
lillam

Re: BPM match in Vinyl mode?

Postby phadedvision on 16 Apr 2011, 22:40

Use relative mode ;)
phadedvision

Postby boc on 17 Apr 2011, 08:42

that would make no sense at all. why control the tune with vinyl if you match the tempo with a single button? thats what are the records/turntable for
boc

Postby lillam on 17 Apr 2011, 16:57

it would be handy for being a lazy DJ. all you would need do is have the decks on zero, then let the program match the bpms for you, and then you use the decks to bring the track in and out as you require...

this is why a lot of djs are prepitching their mp3s/wavs - say in DNB restretching all their tracks so that they are exactly 176bpm, that way you dont have to worry about getting the tracks in time and jsut concentrate on the mix itself. i thought that mixvibes might be able to do something similiar, especially as it can do it in non-vinyl mode.
lillam

Postby boc on 17 Apr 2011, 18:53

lillam wrote:it would be handy for being a lazy DJ. all you would need do is have the decks on zero, then let the program match the bpms for you, and then you use the decks to bring the track in and out as you require...

this is why a lot of djs are prepitching their mp3s/wavs - say in DNB restretching all their tracks so that they are exactly 176bpm, that way you dont have to worry about getting the tracks in time and jsut concentrate on the mix itself. i thought that mixvibes might be able to do something similiar, especially as it can do it in non-vinyl mode.

yes i got your point for the first time its you who seem not getting mine.
why do you need the vinyl if you wanna set the tempo with a button? or... why do you want to set the tempo with a button if you re using vinyl?
see? you want to do the same thing using 2 different methods at the same time
boc

Postby lillam on 17 Apr 2011, 22:17

i dont think we're ever going to understand one another boc! :mrgreen:

i want to set the tempo with a button so i dont have to use the decks pitch adj
i want to use vinyl because i love vinyl and turntables and my mixer, and because i have more control over the mix process using vinyl/decks/mixer setup

if there's no way of doing it im going to have to try and reprocess my mp3s to the same bpm...
:cool:
lillam

Postby sylMV on 18 Apr 2011, 10:34

We don't even know which piece of software you are using ...
Please put your serial number in your profile !
SylMV

sylMV

Return to Community Support