VR wan't split the track at the selected location

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

VR wan't split the track at the selected location

Postby Kenji361 on 21 Dec 2008, 15:28

I found so many bugs on Vinyl Ripper 0.8 :D Here is one:

The Split fonktion don't work normally. After I use the split funktion 2-3 times, he wan't cut at the selected moment, but 10 to 20seconds after :D

I stop the track I want to splitt at the wanted location. PS: The Timeline is also not correct.

split....

If I play the first part of the splitted track... he don't cut at the right place.

At the moment, I think that Vinyl Ripper ist useless... I have the sentiment, all change will affect all tracks. After some modification, a track I have never change something sounds like that.
Http://web51.tau.ibone.ch/tmp/probs/Track8.m4a
(The sound have some clicks and VR extend the duration of the track (Is not the latest track on the Vinyl) )

The same Track but rip with Amadeus Pro without any changes/edit and with the same condition of ripping (24bit/96khz).
Http://web51.tau.ibone.ch/tmp/probs/Track8-IO.m4a

MBP3.1 2.2Ghz :: 4GB Ram :: 320GB 7200rpm
OSX10.5.X / WinXP Pro SP3
Stanton ST-150MKII - Urei 1601S + PXF
Motu Ultralite MK3 - Vestax VCI-100B - Akai MPK49
Kenji361

Re: VR wan't split the track at the selected location

Postby w.u. on 22 Dec 2008, 13:43

Thank you Kenji.
First of all....+ Karma for you !!
Vinyl Ripper is on its first version and we enjoy receiving your feedback. We will check everypoint and correct them.
If you have any other bugs, please let us know.
We will then provide a new fix update.
w.u.

Postby Quzar on 16 Oct 2009, 09:44

I am having this same problem with Vinyl Ripper 0.9.1, which is compounded by the inability for vinyl ripper to detect track changes (without absolute silence), forcing all cuts to be made manually.
Quzar

Postby TinouCAS on 16 Oct 2009, 18:15

Hello,

Yes, the next update should correct the clicking reported by Kenji361. A possible temporary solution would be to increase the buffer size (in VinylRipper's device setup) to try to unload a bit the CPU. The problem is (according to what I can hear from the recorded sample) that we miss whole buffers. That missing buffer breaks the continuity of the track and creates a click. In the next version (though I can't tell you when it will released), the disk writing will be in a separate thread, unloading the realtime audio loop (hope this is clear enough!).
TinouCAS

Return to Community Support