Track seperation/Stems, opportunity?

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Track seperation/Stems, opportunity?

Postby tb0ne on 02 Sep 2020, 14:35

I guess inclusion of track seperation functionality as seen in virtualdj and djay could be a thing to revive Cross?
Considering Serato has nothing planned in their next release.
And fixing the obvious performance issues.
Things could be moving, at least one of the guys in the mixvibes development team has a strong interest in the spleeter project...
Let's hope...
tb0ne

Re: Track seperation/Stems, opportunity?

Postby Hanginon on 09 Sep 2020, 14:31

tb0ne wrote:I guess inclusion of track seperation functionality as seen in virtualdj and djay could be a thing to revive Cross?
Considering Serato has nothing planned in their next release.
And fixing the obvious performance issues.
Things could be moving, at least one of the guys in the mixvibes development team has a strong interest in the spleeter project...
Let's hope...

...well, I guess the world needs dreamers! V4.2 already requires almost twice as much processing power as V3.4.3 to play the same song (at least on an intel i5 Windows 10 laptop) - adding Stems will make it even worse.

With basically no activity for V4.2 on Mixvibes' Facebook page, not one peep from "The Team" on this Forum, and a total world wide sales - even with all the spring/summer promotions - of only 165 PC/Mac licenses for V4.2, IMHO I think it's DOA.

It's a real shame too. I try moving forward with Serato/Traktor/Mixxx, but even with all their improvements, I keep coming back to V3.4.3 - it's still my DJ software of choice. They really got that one right, and should have continued it's developement.
Hanginon

Return to General Chat