Cross 4.2, 4.1, 4.0 bugs persist

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Cross 4.2, 4.1, 4.0 bugs persist

Postby rubixhelix on 26 Apr 2020, 01:34

ok glad i saw this thread... i thought it might be just me, but it looks like someone else has noticed the spinner on deck b not working for DVS...

is anyone else experiencing that delay effects do not work while using DVS?
rubixhelix

Postby JimSpin76 on 30 Apr 2020, 17:11

Well, pretty disappointed, I wish I visited this forum before paying for V4, getting the same bugs as everyone else when using DVS.

Hopefully V4.3 will fix the bugs, but bit of a shame to have to wait!

Bon Chance!
JimSpin76

Postby soundboyrich on 18 Jun 2020, 08:45

Today, I used my new used soundcard with Cross Pro4. The problem when clicking the Preferences icon, did not occur. The audio hiccups did not occur. I've been using this soundcard for several days now and it blows my M-Audio Profire and Echo Audio soundcards away. It cost between 2-4 times the money for this soundcard though.

Now, the MV Pro4.2 DJ software still needs improvement though to work with any off the shelf soundcard. Those problems persist.
soundboyrich

Postby Hanginon on 18 Jun 2020, 13:30

soundboyrich wrote:Today, I used my new used soundcard with Cross Pro4. The problem when clicking the Preferences icon, did not occur. The audio hiccups did not occur. I've been using this soundcard for several days now and it blows my M-Audio Profire and Echo Audio soundcards away. It cost between 2-4 times the money for this soundcard though.

Mind telling us what sound card that is? Is it ASIO? What Driver?
Hanginon

Postby soundboyrich on 18 Jun 2020, 18:33

Now don’t let my little secret get out. I don’t want everyone running up the cost of studio quality soundcards. ASIO driver of course. There is also ASIO for All.

Look up Lynx E44, a pcie or Lynx TWO-A, a pci. Either has 2 stereo INs and OUTs. There are other Lynx Studio cards that are strictly digital I/O AES/EBU which you would need a AD/DA converter. I’m pretty certain that the any better quality soundcard say $1000USD or more is likely to do a similar job as Lynx.

I made my own adapter cables to go from xlr to rca. The shield, pin3, runs the length of the cable but no connection at the rca plug.
soundboyrich

Postby RoJeC on 18 Jun 2020, 19:37

Seems a nice setup.
About your cable: XLR pin 1 is shield! You should use this one at the RCA. If you use pin 2 and 3 your RCA will not work in case you send a balanced XLR signal as the + and - result in 0 (and maybe some noise).

If an unbalanced signal is send it can work but can result in occasional unexpected disturbances in the signal. (interference/other equipment/..)

Using pin 1 for ground/shield and pin 2 for signal is the only proper way to go from XLR to RCA. (and make sure pin3 is cut/fully isolated).

Might be you did it right. But to avoid less skilled users building a cable themselves using the pins you mentioned I wanted specify the details.

By this you can also in all circumstances you can use the cable reverse RCA > XLR.
If however you use 2/3 your signal can become 'funny' as the ground is not a really ground and the rca ground could become pin 3 which might the receiving equipment (if balanced input) think it is balanced resulting in taking the average of 0 and + instead of the full + strength.

And to finalize for newbees: balanced means you have a 'shield/ground/0' signal. Next there is a signal : the +. To improve quality in longer distances there can be send a - signal in the 3rd 'pin' this is in the opposite 'phase' as the +. In the receiving unit the sum of the + and - is used. The advantage is that when a signal is influenced by external signals the + and - will both change in the same direction (so one closer to 0 and the other further from 0).
So never make the mistake of splitting the 'pin 2' into pin 2 and pin3. As this will not change the phase but will result in reducing the strength (same energy through 2 strings). Instead you have to use a DI box (/mixer/..) to have the signal generated properly.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby soundboyrich on 18 Jun 2020, 20:10

Ronald,
Your correct, I should of typed pin 1 is shield. I got my PIN numbers swapped. Like you say, pin2 (+), pin3 (-) and pin1 shield. Check your soundcard manual when in doubt.

Oh let me add,
One more thing, I am using a phono preamp between my turntables and the soundcard. I think Mixvibes Cross is the only software that can process phono level. The preamp was needed for the other DJ software out there. Schiit Mani preamp, this little box made me remove my 40 year old Bozak mixer internal preamp.
soundboyrich

Postby Hanginon on 18 Jun 2020, 23:08

It's great you've got this working, but there is little logic in having to use $1000+ sound cards to get $100 software to work properly - plus it's a desktop environment.

The software still needs to be fixed so it works correctly with USB ported soundcards/controllers and laptops the typical mobile DJ uses.

Have you notice if your configuration reduces the huge CPU load most of us have experienced when running Version 4??
Hanginon

Postby soundboyrich on 19 Jun 2020, 06:41

Hanginon wrote:Have you notice if your configuration reduces the huge CPU load most of us have experienced when running Version 4??

CPU load is none. Zero. Intel i7-7700K CPU @4.2GHz. I can overclock at 4.6GHz or so. 16GB RAM. No DJ software can hog this CPU, its your soundcard with soundcard driver. From what you say, sounds like your using something much slower, or a link in your audio chain is bottleknecked. But speed is not always the issue, all parts must work together like a fine tuned engine.

Don't speed $1000 on a soundcard if that's what you want. I'm always improving my setup. They're not making $1000 soundcard at a sweat shop. In other words, they're not mass produced. This soundcard fills my void. Remember when the bitcoin flared up, gamers could no longer buy video cards. I don't want that with soundcards.
soundboyrich

Previous

Return to Community Support