issues with loading tracks into program HELP

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

issues with loading tracks into program HELP

Postby mariahmurray97 on 25 May 2020, 22:08

Hello. I just purchased the Cross DJ pro and having issues with loading and analyzing song tracks from my iTunes into the program. When I click on a song a red "X" comes up next to every single song and says "track loading error: track cannot be found". I was wondering if someone could explain to me how to fix this so I can start making my music and using the program?? Please get back to me and let me know. Thank you!
mariahmurray97

Re: issues with loading tracks into program HELP

Postby RoJeC on 26 May 2020, 12:19

Solving this is not to difficult. However it's not made clear how it occured.
Basically the 'track not found' error means that the drive, path and or filename has changed. Fixing this would be easiest. (set drive or fix path?)

If repair of path not possible you can use the 'relocate' function.
In Cross goto to the collection. select a track. Next use CTRL-A to select all tracks. Right click. select relocate. Select a track and point to the right location. Next you'll get a question if you want to do the same for all tracks. On yes the relocate function will try to point all remaining tracks to a 'similar' new location. Depending on the type of change you may have to loop this till all are relocated.

If you've any more question please also provide info on your OS and Cross version
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Christoph2018 on 29 Jun 2020, 00:16

Hi RojeC -

I'm having the same issue recognizing tunes. I'm able to relocate one song at a time, but when I select multiple songs, the relocate option no longer appears.

I'm using Cross DJ Pro 4.2.0 64 bits on Win 10 Lenovo laptop
Christoph2018

Postby Christoph2018 on 29 Jun 2020, 00:32

FYI - I'm using an external hard drive labeled H:

I've had mixed success setting that drive in the iTunes section of Cross DJ Pro, but even when it allows me to select the iTunes library on the correct H: drive, the files still are not recognized.

As I said, single files can be relocated, but not multiply. Each time I try to relocate, it is searching from the C: drive, so it seems the C: drive has been set somewhere as the default drive, but I'm unable to find where.
Christoph2018

Postby RoJeC on 29 Jun 2020, 01:55

Not exactly sure what you mean as I don't undetsand why you use iThunes when working with Cross.

However I did discover a bug, at least I hope it is considered to be a bug. And this is that the option to resolve tracks is no longer in the right click menu.

The only 'alternative' is to use the menu and there select 'missing tracks resolver'.
I haven't tested it further but assume this still works as in previous versions and by that allow for multiple tracks changing in one action.

However if all tracks or very many have an issue this could really ruine your day. As once it is started it cannot be stopped and by this can take a very long time if you have 1000s of tracks to be relocated.

You can however work around this. As for disks you can set your own drive letter in 'disk management' of the Win OS.

Also other 'dos commands' are optional to flexible route drive/folder info to any disk/folder. This is easily setuo (if you;re not afraid of commands). You can even prepare a simple batch file to have this set in less then a second.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Christoph2018 on 22 Jul 2020, 02:38

Thanks so much Ronald. Just saw this. I'm not using the iTunes program... just selecting the iTunes icon in the bottom left section, highlighting songs to send to playlists within Collection. I wish I could simply change the drive letter... unfortunately, my iTunes library was stored on an E drive on my old laptop, and my new laptop is using the E drive as a partitioned emergency restore drive and can't be changed without reformatting. Thanks however for the heads up on the missing track resolver... I'm sure there are more than 30K files that need a resolution. Will probably try one night when before I go to bed. Hate to do that as it will wipe those songs out of my history, but my dos skills are extremely limited.

With that said... something makes Cross insistent on defaulting to an iTunes library in the C drive. Sometimes it will allow me to redirect it to the iTunes libary in the H drive, but usually ONLY upon a fresh boot, and not always then. If I'm able to get it to point to the library in the H drive, then close Cross... when I open it back up, it points at the library in the C drive and no matter how many times I try to redirect to the H drive, it goes right back to the C drive (even though I've renamed the libary in the C drive to something else!). I SO wish I never upgraded to the new version!!
Christoph2018

Postby Alicia on 10 Nov 2020, 13:15

Same issue I am facing out.
Alicia

Postby RoJeC on 10 Nov 2020, 21:58

Hi ALicia please register your license key. Can you also be some more specific? like have your tried the suggestions?
Ronald

RoJeC

Return to General Chat