Cross DJ 4 - Corrupted M4A files

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Cross DJ 4 - Corrupted M4A files

Postby TinouCAS on 04 Feb 2020, 19:43

jag2911 wrote:
TinouCAS wrote:Hello jag2911,

Sorry for the long delay, I finally checked both m4a files you sent to support. They really seem to be corrupt: mediainfo finds no audio in them, and I didn't find a reader that could read them.
Can you still play them on other software? Tell me where, this is puzzling.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with iTunes and the iTunes Match service?

I've just been looking back through my iTunes library and it appears the ones that will not play are the tracks that were not "matched" by iTunes and were marked as "uploaded". As soon as I deleted the locally downloaded track and downloaded it again they will play in iTunes fine.

I'm not sure if this local corruption of the files is being caused by the previous version of Cross DJ when I could still load in M4A files (without it crashing) or whether it's being casued by iTunes or my Mac itself somehow.

It's not really a huge problem at the end of the day as I have all of these files at home in AIFF formatt. I was just concerned that Cross DJ could somehow be corucpting the M4A files...

Yes, Cross DJ corrupting m4a files would be a major problem. I'll make sure to look into it before the release of 4.2.0.

Thanks for the feedback
TinouCAS

Previous

Return to Community Support