Autoplay issues in Cross DJ 4.1

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Autoplay issues in Cross DJ 4.1

Postby Mr-G on 18 Oct 2019, 17:32

Hello everyone,

as soon as I use the autoplay-function, Cross DJ 4 slows down and I cannot use the program reliably in live situations because of audio drop outs, and a stuttering GUI.
I've got an audio notebook with a 2.8 Ghz intel i7 processor and 24 GB RAM, the latest Cross and the lates windows updates are made.

Cross DJ 3.4.3 works perfectly. However, every time I want to open Cross DJ 3 after using Cross DJ 4 and vice versa I have to re-enter the license key, which is really annoying.

Help needed!

Yours,

Mr-G
Mr-G

Re: Autoplay issues in Cross DJ 4.1

Postby Hanginon on 18 Oct 2019, 22:58

Mr-G wrote:as soon as I use the autoplay-function, Cross DJ 4 slows down and I cannot use the program reliably in live situations because of audio drop outs, and a stuttering GUI.
I've got an audio notebook with a 2.8 Ghz intel i7 processor and 24 GB RAM, the latest Cross and the lates windows updates are made.

I think everyone running V4 on Windows is having the same problem, and it is severe enough that I don't think anyone running Windows is actually gigging with V4. I don't know about Macs - if it's working for them, it's possible V4 was developed on a Mac, and then Ported to Windows.

The V4.1.0 Mac Download is smaller than the PC Download. THIS IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE of the V3.4.3 Download, where the Windows Download is smaller. This could be because the Mac V4 Download is only 64 bit, it could be inefficient programming, or it could be because the Moon is made out of cheese.

All of this is simply a guess on my part because, as usual, Mixvibes is not in the conversation. Where are they?????????
Hanginon

Postby RoJeC on 19 Oct 2019, 13:03

Hanginon is right on the differences.

However your audio dropouts likely can be resolved by a slight increase of the audiobuffer of your sound card (the latency).

And just to br sure: you use an ASIO driver?!!
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Mr-G on 19 Oct 2019, 17:41

RoJeC wrote:Hanginon is right on the differences.

However your audio dropouts likely can be resolved by a slight increase of the audiobuffer of your sound card (the latency).

And just to br sure: you use an ASIO driver?!!

Of course I use the respective latest ASIO drivers for my soundcards (U-Mix Control Pro or Scarlett Saphire 2i4 2nd gen).

I also know that I could increase the buffer size, but then my latency goes up, too...
When Cross DJ 4.0 came out and I experienced those bugs, I thought I'd just have to wait for the next update, but unfortunately the problem is still not fixed. I'm disappointed that I payed for an unfinished product that is worse and way more instable than the previous version.
Mr-G

Return to Community Support