CrossDJ Pro on tablet

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

CrossDJ Pro on tablet

Postby Emm DeeZuBB on 12 Jun 2019, 16:36

I have the most current version of the app. But ever since the latest update I have been noticing that when I record a track and then play it back it is at a lower volume than when you play the original track or rather recording from the source file or musical track. It didn't before.... the recorded volume was the same volume as the source track or file. Also in the deck I can see that the wave pattern is a lot smaller than the one of the original track...... which makes sense because the new recorded track is at a lower volume...... and I made sure that the volume is turned ALL the way UP on the turntable when recording a new track

Hopefully somebody will respond to me if you need any clarification on what I'm saying
Emm DeeZuBB

Re: CrossDJ Pro on tablet

Postby Emm DeeZuBB on 15 Jun 2019, 16:32

I figured it out....... after the update there must have been a change regarding the MASTER VOLUME knob on the turntable because it was always set at the halfway mark when opening the app.... then I would record my DJ track and play it back. the volume of the recorded track what's the same as the original track.

but after a few trials and errors....... the MASTER VOLUME knob has to be turned ALMOST ALL THE WAY UP for the volume levels to be the same for the recorded track in relation to the original track you are recording from
Emm DeeZuBB

Postby tayogeyuha on 31 Jul 2019, 12:28

Emm DeeZuBB wrote:I figured it out....... after the update there must have been a change regarding the MASTER VOLUME knob on the turntable because it was always set at the halfway mark when opening the app.... then I would record my DJ track and play it back. the volume of the recorded track what's the same as the original track.

but after a few trials and errors....... the MASTER VOLUME knob has to be turned ALMOST ALL THE WAY UP for the volume levels to be the same for the recorded track in relation to the original track you are recording from

Hi buddy, can you say if you did any changes along with the update? As am facing kind of similar issue still now even after update.

Regards,
Hahu Smith
tayogeyuha

Postby RoJeC on 31 Jul 2019, 13:56

Your issue is likely some more complex.

It should be normal that you have to record with master full open to have the source sound level. This is the so called 'line level'.

One of the elements in the analyses function of Cross is that it adjusts the gain of a track to have it played at line level. For this the tracks you play with Cross sound appx the same volume. Though in some circumstances the algorithm may set the gain wrong. Most likely caused or long silences (begin or end of track).

The line level has is exchanged between all kind of devices, like mixers. As it's elctrical you can imaginze that it may never be to powerfull as it will destroy equipment. For this Cross and most audio equipment will not send nor record more than line level.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Return to Android Discussion