local flac import into Cross (iPhone) iOS version . . ?!?

Mixvibes iOS / Android applications for iPhone and iPad: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

local flac import into Cross (iPhone) iOS version . . ?!?

Postby mookee on 27 May 2019, 09:27

hi

am using mostly flac for my audio, and i dont know how to import into the Cross iOS library. i dont really use cloud i got 64gb local on my iPhone se.
as iTunes cant handle flacs, i cant import them into iTunes library regulary on macside (is there a trick to get the flacs into iTunes library, even if i cant use them ) . so i use iTunes appmanager when my iPhone is connected with my mac to drop flac files/orders into the app order of VOX (which i use on my iPhone for playing flacs.)

quite ugly

so:

1. if i want to import those files into Cross with the Cross files manager that VOX order is nowhere to find..or not shown

2. but even if i save a order with flacs in it into the crossdj App order (using the ugly iTunes appmanager trick) i can neither import that order, nor can i import single flac files from it with Cross

what is wrong, what can i do please?? (

best, christoph
mookee

Re: local flac import into Cross (iPhone) iOS version . . ?!

Postby mookee on 28 May 2019, 14:03

well friends, the solution to all mentioned problems is an app called "waltr"

gets flacs into iOS music app library without any conversion and makes em playable with music app and any other apps that uses that library..such as Cross :)) awesome. alos works for other file formats btw.

check out flac lovers, its the solution to all flac mac iOS problems at once ;)))

nice :cool:

bye
mookee

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 28 May 2019, 17:07

Thanks for the feedback mookee!

I was going to come and say today, that in my testing you can load flac files into the files app in iOS but cannot natively play them in the music player, but you seemed have found a work around.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby wobbly on 11 Jun 2019, 06:09

1. I'm pretty sure Waltr is converting FLAC files to ALAC. True, there shouldn't be any loss in quality, but it *is* doing a conversion.

2. It costs $40.

Isn't Cross for iOS supposed to play FLAC files natively? What am I missing?
wobbly

Postby mookee on 11 Jun 2019, 08:41

hmm, am not shure about waltr and Alac because you can upload matroschka and stuff too...

ANYWAY, YOU ARE RIGHT, Just because i found a workaround it doesnt mean at all , that this essential question shouldnt be answered

do you have the same issues with flac? what did you try?

there should be answeres from Cross team please

best, c
mookee

Postby mookee on 11 Jun 2019, 08:43

btw. waltr is pretty fast, am not shure about conversion..
mookee

Postby wobbly on 11 Jun 2019, 15:05

mookee wrote:hmm, am not shure about waltr and Alac because you can upload matroschka and stuff too...

From the waltr website (see step 2): "WALTR 2 is transcoding the files on-the-fly. Rest assured, there’s no converting loss. WALTR will convert FLAC to ALAC (Apple Lossless) so you won’t feel any difference in sound."

mookee wrote:do you have the same issues with flac? what did you try?

From within Cross DJ, I tap a plus sign in one of the upper corners, select the Files icon, tap "Add file", select DS File (I have a Synology server), navigate to a flac file, and tap on the flac file I want. It seems to download the file, but then doesn't show up in the main display.

If I follow the exact same steps, but select an mp3, it works correctly.
wobbly

Return to iOS Discussion