Cross DJ 4 Megathread

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Cross DJ 4 Megathread

Postby Hanginon on 24 May 2019, 13:57

daniel clark wrote::eek: the realease ver is getting more response and input than the betas :mrgreen:
might as well be a beta ,, or release candidate :cool:
might breakdown and do the file swappie thing ,,just to see a good picture of the gui ,, :idea:

I believe you are correct. The pre-release was more of an Alpha, where many of V3.4.3's features were missing. Now that they have been added back (i.e. Cue Point Naming), this current release is really more like a Beta, and like t0mekk said, was probably released prematurely.

The real Litmus Test would be to use it in a live DJ'ing situation, and frankly, I'm just not comfortable with that yet - the extremely jerky waveforms (when using the Preview Player or AutoPlay) are just too scary.
Hanginon

Postby FigDJ on 24 May 2019, 14:31

I agree with you Haginon. In my opinion Beta or actual release Cross 4.0 is not ready for Prime Time (Live DJing). It is missing too many features. There is some improvements from 3.4.3 (parallel waveforms) but is a regression in other features like:

Linked zoom for waveform.
Ability to display parallel waveform and video at the same time.
The beatmacher needs to increase in size.
The display for cue point (pad display) needs to be 8 not just 4.
Note: Pads include cue point, loops, sampler, slicer and others...

Mixvibes needs to release a MIDI mapping document to guide for new features in video and FX.

Since the GUI changed drastically a training videos and a manual need to be release for users to familiarize themselves and really dig into the needed/desired features.

Access to skinning software and training in order to solve most of the presentation layer problems already mentioned.
Ag
FigDJ

Postby daniel clark on 24 May 2019, 15:24

:eek: how about the basic ability of being able to open software ,,weather its the black screen that is said to be resolved by corrections to software because of drivers ,, or my issue of not being able to get past the updating collection screen ,, weather allowing the software to start a fresh collection or at least be able to open with a old/3.43 collection with error prompts on what not working from the old ,, surprised that this issue has not been more prevelent ..so now with no real MIDI mappings ..ability to make the custom mapping that figdj so masterfully did ,,going to 4 in not a wining situtation ..
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby catgoat on 30 May 2019, 02:00

It doesn't seem like Video is enabled in the demo. In the options menu i "enabled video" and also on the menu bar above the wave forms there is an icon that looks like movie film that says "video" when you hover over it. I engaged that and also looked in the view menu for something top enable but i could not find anything.

TL;DR - Can I preview video functionality in the demo? (I was able to in Cross 3, and it because of being able to test video i purchased)
catgoat

Postby jonas76 on 02 Jun 2019, 14:22

Great to have a new version, but some things are awkward or plain unnecessary.

My grunts:

- allow to display beatmatcher AND whole track waveform at the same time (as in 3.4.3). Now it's one or the other.
- make the mixer knobs place configurable. Why put them horizontally when on EVERY mixer out there these knobs are vertically. This is dumb and confusing.
- make every block drag and drop. That would be a step forward.
- how to activate the beat grid editor??? I mean, seriously. Where is it??
- make the track artwork much bigger as in 3.4.3. Come on, we are proud of our tracks and wanna see the cover.
- how to activate the metronome? We can choose the metronome sound, but I have no idea how to activate it.

Let's start with these. ;-)
From the country that invented New Beat ;)
jonas76

Postby mixint on 08 Jun 2019, 23:47

Hello All,

Just want to confirm what upgrade software I am suppose to be purchase.

I have Cross 3.3.11 DVS user (turntables)

Am i suppose to pay for the 69 dollar upgrade? or the 89 dollar upgrade.

Thank you.

Also, FYI, for those asking if they will be releasing new vinyl. My understanding is, yes. Saw a comment from a Mixvibes Team Member saying they have plans to release vinyl. Im hoping for colored vinyl as well.
mixint

Postby RoJeC on 09 Jun 2019, 02:36

The 3.x Cross DVS is now Cross DJ Pro version.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby mixint on 09 Jun 2019, 03:36

RoJeC wrote:The 3.x Cross DVS is now Cross DJ Pro version.

Sorry for not explaining there.

But i want to purchase Cross DJ Pro 4. I currently have Cross DVS version 3.3.11.

On the website is shows 2 options. One that is value 69 and the other one 89.

Which one is it for me if i want to upgrade from version 3.3.11 to Cross DJ Pro 4?
mixint

Postby RoJeC on 09 Jun 2019, 06:24

There's only 1 option from 3.x Cross to Cross DJ 4 Pro.
Sorry, but really don't understand what can cause this confusion.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby mixint on 10 Jun 2019, 00:07

RoJeC wrote:There's only 1 option from 3.x Cross to Cross DJ 4 Pro.
Sorry, but really don't understand what can cause this confusion.

There are 2 options to upgrade to Cross DJ pro 4 with 2 different prices. I just want to make sure I'm choosing the right one for me.
mixint

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat