Cross DJ Pro 4 - DVS/Timecode Issue

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ Pro 4 - DVS/Timecode Issue

Postby scartledge on 23 May 2019, 00:02

I today upgraded from Cross to Cross DJ Pro 4 and I am having major issues with using DVS. I am using a Pioneer DJM750 mixer and two turntables. I have used this set up with Cross 3.4.3 for a long time with no issues at all using timecode vinyl.

When I try to use Cross DJ Pro 4 DVS, the software is only picking up the timecode signal from the first turntable (channels 1/2). There is no timecode signal being picked up from the second turntable (channels 7/8). The channels are recognised but there is no signal being picked up from the timecode. I have tried to solve by reinstalling the mixer drivers and this didn't solve the issue.

I know this isn't an issue with the mixer itself as I still have Cross 3.4.3 installed. I shut down Cross DJ Pro 4, open up Cross 3.4.3 with the exact same configuration in the audio settings and both turntables still work perfectly and the timecode signal is picked up from both turntables. This is the same for both 32 and 64 bit versions of the software (both turntables work on both 32/64bit versions of 3.4.3 / only one timecode working on both 32/64bit versions of DJ Pro 4). As such I can only imagine this is an issue within the Cross DJ Pro 4 software.

Is this a known bug or is there something I am doing wrong with the setup of the software? I have set up Cross DJ Pro 4 exactly the same as I have set up Cross 3.4.3 in the audio settings.

Any advice on how I can resolve this would be appreciated as I expected everything that worked in 3.4.3 would still work in Cross DJ Pro 4 after upgrading.

Screenshots below to illustrate the issue;

Cross DJ Pro 4 Audio Settings
DJ Pro 4 setup.jpg

Cross DJ Pro 4 - Only 1 timecode signal received
DJ Pro 4 timecode.jpg

Cross 3.4.3 still working fine
3.4.3 timecode.jpg
Changelog:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scartledge

Re: Cross DJ Pro 4 - DVS/Timecode Issue

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 23 May 2019, 16:30

Hi scartledge,

Very sorry about this DVS input bug! I have replicated the same thing and let the team know about it yesterday.

In my testing, inputs 1/2 and 3/4 work for DVS input, but when I try to use 3/4 and 5/6 things get interesting. The input for 3/4 stops tracking but then when I play my deck connected to 5/6 the signal shows up in the 3/4 scope, and input 7/8 doesn't seem to be working for DVS at all.

It's strange, because this was not an issue in the beta when I was testing or in Cross 3 (as you noted), because I always have my decks hooked up to input 3/4 and 5/6. For people with mixers that only have specific channels for DVS, this is an issue since they typically use inputs 1/2 and 7/8

I have also sent a screen recording of the issue to the team in hopes it will expedite the fix. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby scartledge on 23 May 2019, 16:57

Adam,

Thanks for the reply, it's appreciated.

Obviously the software being able to pick up the DVS input from channels 5/6 & 7/8 is pretty fundamental, especially considering that on the larger Pioneer mixers which are the industry standard (750, 850, 900), channels 1/2 and 7/8 are the dedicated phono channels, therefore the Cross DJ Pro 4 software is essentially a dud for DVS operation with turntables until this bug is fixed unless you resort to using only channels 1/2 and 3/4 as you identified.

I suppose the other option would be to use another external soundcard such as U46MK2 using only channels 1/2 and 3/4, however the ability to do away with another piece of hardware and all the cables was one of the main reasons I upgraded to the DJM750 with an internal soundcard, so if I have to go back to using U46MK2 it would defeat the object of getting the new mixer.

If you could update us on the progress of this fix and timescales etc it would be appreciated, as I imagine that not having the ability to use the required channels on peoples mixers with DVS operation would be a deal breaker for many as to whether they pay for the new software or not. I guess I was just too quick off the mark unfortunately and found out the hard way, so will have to wait around until it's fixed now and continue to use 3.4.3 until then.

Regards,

Shaun
scartledge

Postby RoJeC on 24 May 2019, 10:35

This is a core feature. So pretty likely it is fixed in one of the first dot releases.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby ldorio on 28 May 2019, 21:01

I didn't want to create a new thread for this, but I found the same problem on my end. I was able to get one deck to recognize timecode (albeit the wrong input numbers were shown). I was then unable to activate the timecode from the main screen.

I'm excited to give it a try, though, and I love the new skin.
ldorio

Return to Community Support