Cross DJ 3 (3.4.3) crashes on PC Win10 when loading track

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ 3 (3.4.3) crashes on PC Win10 when loading track

Postby petra on 05 May 2019, 14:39

Hi,

I bought Cross DJ 3.0 a couple of weeks ago and run it on a new Dell XPS 13 with Win 10. I have about 1000 tracks on the internal SSD of my computer.

When playing one track and loading another track onto the other deck, frequently Cross DJ version 3.4.3 crashes. It first freezes for a second and then shuts down without creating a dump (I checked ...\AppData\Roaming\MixVibes\Crashes) or giving any other message.

I loaded the tracks from a playlist with about 500 tracks in it. Most times, the crash occurred when I loaded the second track very shortly after I loaded and started to play the first one on the other deck. Once, it occurred when loading a track right after the previous one on the same deck had finished.

I have my first gig with the new software in a week and I am worried, I cannot use Cross DJ 3. I used Cross DJ Pro on Android for years (almost) without problems and I am really disappointed of Cross DJ 3. It is not usable if this behavior continues. My PC works fine with all other applications.

Regards
Petra
petra

Re: Cross DJ 3 (3.4.3) crashes on PC Win10 when loading trac

Postby daniel clark on 05 May 2019, 18:11

:idea: have you analysed the collection before hand ,,so as to eliminate any extra load on cpu for analyzing ,while trying too run your music set :idea:

just curious as too how you got the version 3.43 ,,with out registering in the forum ,,grey header at top has instruction for registering licence key :eek:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby petra on 05 May 2019, 18:22

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, I analysed all tracks before hand.

I registered in the forum on April 19, I just checked the member list. Now I am curious: what is indicating that I did not?
petra

Postby daniel clark on 05 May 2019, 18:54

:idea: not sure what version of software you are running ,, no software badge ,,but there are some exception that dont show a software badge :cool:

if you did a collection analyse ,not sure whats going on ,, does you computer have a regular hard drive .. maybe issues with ssd drive dont know enough too say :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby petra on 05 May 2019, 20:07

ok, here it is, I checked and found that I missed entering my product key when registering. I did this now.

Yes, it is a regular hard drive.
petra

Postby RoJeC on 05 May 2019, 22:34

Great that is settled that you're a real Cross user now your badge is visible!

If analysis is done there basically is not much that Cross does other than reading the track data.

I suspect some issue with your audio driver and or latency. Might be in combination with anti virus software causing delays.

Are you using an ASIO driver for your sound card?

If so what is the latency appx set to? (256 -512 usually does it without any issue, where as WDM dribvers use over 2000).

You could try to exclude your Cross folders from your anti virus. This might alwys be helpfull as any AV action delays Cross. To start you could test by temprary diabling your AV ( make sure to first disconnect from your network e.g turn of WIFI and a network cable).
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby petra on 10 May 2019, 14:59

Thank you for your message.
The crashes happened when I was playing around without my Audio Interface, so using the internal sound card of my Dell XPS 13.
I excluded my music folder from my virus protection and will try to provoke a crash now. Hopefully I'll fail. I will let you know if this helped.
petra

Postby RoJeC on 11 May 2019, 13:09

Seems like you don't use an ASIO driver. You'd better use one as this has results in lower latency, making your actions more responsive.

You can download from asio4all.com

Install. Start Cross. Audio settings change to asio4all. Click settings buttonand selct your Dell soundcard.

Try how low you can set it. 256 usually works fine. You'll hear sound popping if it is set to low.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Return to Community Support