Cross DJ 4 Beta Crashes right after opening

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ 4 Beta Crashes right after opening

Postby erwancuzz on 17 Apr 2019, 19:01

Hi guys,

I have recently pre order Cross DJ 4, so I have access to the Beta. Unfortunately, after downloading the file, I am not able to run the software. My laptop is a 64 bits, but I have tried to run both 64 and 32 versions.
For both, the black Cross DJ rectangular logo appears for 3 secondes and then disappers. I have checked my Task manager to see if the software is runned, and it is while the logo appears, but it is not anymore after the logo turned off.

Anybody had the same prob and knows how to resolve it?
Thanks in advance guys
erwancuzz

Re: Cross DJ 4 Beta Crashes right after opening

Postby RoJeC on 17 Apr 2019, 22:58

Yes it has been seen. For 3 beta versions the team tried to fix this. However no working solution yet.

Did you have any other version of Cross installed?
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby TinouCAS on 18 Apr 2019, 18:57

erwancuzz wrote:Hi guys,

I have recently pre order Cross DJ 4, so I have access to the Beta. Unfortunately, after downloading the file, I am not able to run the software. My laptop is a 64 bits, but I have tried to run both 64 and 32 versions.
For both, the black Cross DJ rectangular logo appears for 3 secondes and then disappers. I have checked my Task manager to see if the software is runned, and it is while the logo appears, but it is not anymore after the logo turned off.

Thanks in advance guys

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. Can you check if it generated a crash dump?
Also, what version of Windows are you running? And what CPU/graphics card do you have?

Here who to look for a possible crash dump:
(from the FAQ)
PC: Type Windows+R (that is hold the windows key and press R) and type AppData, followed by enter. This will open an explorer window in the hidden folder “AppData”. Navigate through “Roaming” > “MixVibes” > “Crashes”. From there you will find the crash dumps useful for debugging. Locate, by date, the one related to the crash you want to describe. This is the file you need to send us. Note that this file is not a text file and can’t be opened (usefully) by anyone than us.
TinouCAS

Postby spider31006 on 18 Apr 2019, 20:22

Been doing this for ages since the beta version came out. The old version is broke too, no SoundCloud usage.still no fix for this problem app cannot be opened no matter how many crash reports I send.
spider31006

Postby erwancuzz on 19 Apr 2019, 01:28

TinouCAS wrote:
erwancuzz wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks in advance guys

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. Can you check if it generated a crash dump?
Also, what version of Windows are you running? And what CPU/graphics card do you have?

Here who to look for a possible crash dump:
(from the FAQ)
PC: Type Windows+R (that is hold the windows key and press R) and type AppData, followed by enter. This will open an explorer window in the hidden folder “AppData”. Navigate through “Roaming” > “MixVibes” > “Crashes”. From there you will find the crash dumps useful for debugging. Locate, by date, the one related to the crash you want to describe. This is the file you need to send us. Note that this file is not a text file and can’t be opened (usefully) by anyone than us.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the answer. No other version installed, it has been uninstalled before installation.

I have check my crash dumps and yes a list of files are corresponding to each time I have tried to run the Beta.
Should I send you some of these files? If yes, how can I?

Thank you if you're trying to resolve this problem.
erwancuzz

Postby TinouCAS on 19 Apr 2019, 10:36

You can send me a PM and attach the dumps (the files should be small enough)
TinouCAS

Postby DJ Vintage on 19 Apr 2019, 13:26

So far it seems the 64-bit version is working without problems. My old installation is still there and it seems 4.0 has read the preferences from the 3.x version too.

No crashes so far.

The only "odd" behavior was that the first time I played a track it sounded really distorted, which lasted only for 10-15 seconds. Then it cleared up and now it's playing along nicely as I am typing this.
DJ Vintage

Postby erwancuzz on 24 Apr 2019, 22:32

TinouCAS wrote:You can send me a PM and attach the dumps (the files should be small enough)

I did not manage to attach the files in pm :confused:
If you don't mind sending me your email in pm, I will send these to you! I am sending these to support@mixvibes.com as well!

Thanks for your help
erwancuzz

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 24 Apr 2019, 22:52

I just got the crash dump files in the support email, and will forward them to the developers right away.

Thanks,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Return to Community Support