Cross DJ 4 - Do my eyes deceive me!??

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Cross DJ 4 - Do my eyes deceive me!??

Postby discopex on 21 Mar 2019, 17:13

Hanginon wrote:
teahur wrote:I have purchased the Beta and have noticed some incredible changes and some limitations.

Would you please tell me -
1) Can you name Cue Points and Hot Cues? You know, like "beat starts here", "drop", etc.
2) How about Loops? Can you name and remember Loops?

What makes you think they would've removed naming in new version?
Thinkpad X240, 8 Gb / 512Gb SSD
running Cross 3.4.3 64-bit
Allen & Heath K2, Pioneer DJM-450
discopex

Postby Hanginon on 21 Mar 2019, 17:42

discopex wrote:What makes you think they would've removed naming in new version?

Have you done it yet?
Hanginon

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 22 Mar 2019, 04:41

Hi Hanginon,

At this point naming of cues has not been added but I believe will be in the final version. We plan to listen to all feedback and are for sure planning to match all features that are in Cross DJ 3.4.3 but wanted to focus on getting a stable beta to use first.

Remembering/banking loops has already been suggested once for this beta and I can add a +1 to the request to see if it can be moved up the list, and add naming loops to the request list as well.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby mashuper on 22 Mar 2019, 08:43

I can suggest adding more effects on FX rack. Just for comparison: Traktor 3 have, about, 20 effects. Most interesting for me is "Beatmasher". It's not ROLL effect, because it behaves differently.
Please, add this one ;)
Let the BASS kick
mashuper

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 24 Mar 2019, 00:57

CJB wrote:- Does pre-ordering get the full version upon release or is it just a paid Beta?
- MIDI mapping - is this MIDI learn or coding (I miss 1 for 1 mapped controllers!)?
- Is there a stacked waveform view for visual beatmatching as the promo vid only shows deck view?

- Yes of course you get the full version of Cross DJ 4 when it is released with this pre-order. We felt it releasing the beta with the pre-order would be better than just showing screenshots and demo videos. This way those who pre-order can provide feedback now, and help us make Cross DJ 4 the best it can be.

- There is the traditional MIDI mapping page, where you can use MIDI learn and the newer MIDI learn layer where you can directly map controls on the screen in the GUI:
Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 3.49.35 PM.png

-One of my favorite new features is the stackable/parrallel waveforms, here is a screenshot:
Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 3.48.25 PM.png

Plus you can still use the traditional beat matcher if you like that:
Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 3.48.40 PM.png

Another cool new feature is the A/C & B/D switch when in two deck mode, allowing you to mix 4 decks but keeping the screen less cluttered.

All the best!
Adam @Mixvibes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@Mixvibes

Postby JimSpin76 on 26 Mar 2019, 01:01

I'm a timecode vinyl user, any news on what's happening with Cross 4 pro?

Making the software agnostic to all timecode vinyl would be sweet considering its impossible to get mixvibes vinyl anywhere!
JimSpin76

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 26 Mar 2019, 17:49

Hi guys,

Just chiming in to clarify a couple of things.

First of all, thanks a lot for all the feedback so far, we're very glad to see that interest is still alive and kicking for Cross DJ. Now going to answer a few questions and clear up a couple of misconceptions.

As we've seen this concern pop up a few times, and as Adam rightly mentioned it above, we felt it was important to state again: you are not paying for a beta version. This is a pre-order for the full version of Cross DJ 4, the beta version is just a perk of pre-ordering the new version early. We are not making you pay for the beta, but as Adam mentioned we felt after a while between updates that it would be better and more forthcoming to come out with something more tangible than screenshots and videos. This is the reason why this pre-order nets you the beta as well, and you will get the final version when it is released.

Secondly, we are starting with Cross DJ because it is the more widely used version: Cross 4 (or as it will be called now Cross DJ Pro 4, in order to unify the naming across platforms and provide more clarity for new users) will be available soon in a similar fashion to this new Cross DJ 4. We will announce it when it is ready, you will therefore be able to provide feedback on the Pro features like HID and video mixing in time ; so no worries there.

Hopefully this helps clear out some of the confusion, but if you have any other questions feel free to ask and we'll do our best to answer in a timely fashion.

Best regards,
Alex @Mixvibes
Thank You!
Team@Mixvibes

Postby discopex on 26 Mar 2019, 18:54

Thanks! eagerly waiting for Pro... :cool:
Thinkpad X240, 8 Gb / 512Gb SSD
running Cross 3.4.3 64-bit
Allen & Heath K2, Pioneer DJM-450
discopex

Postby InRush on 27 Mar 2019, 19:58

I just took a deeper look into Cross 4.
First look and feel: Great! A smooth GUI, up to date handling, themes and so on. But still the good old Cross which we love. Very good.

I bought this Version and thought this will be the replacement for Cross 3.4.3.
And now I was wondering that HID is not working with my CDJ850. Reading this forum now tells me that HID will only be supported with the Pro Version. I think I have to buy the Pro Version again :(
Very annoying for me, because I love Cross, but this communication that there will be another pro version is very unacceptable for me :(
InRush

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 27 Mar 2019, 21:23

Hi InRush,

We will be offering an upgrade path from Cross DJ 4 to Cross DJ Pro 4 but I am waiting to get all details first, very sorry for the miscommunication!

If you would like a refund for the Cross DJ 4 pre-order please contact us at support@mixvibes.com with your order number and we can handle that right away.

Cheers!
Adam @Mixvibes
Thank You!
Team@Mixvibes

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat