Cross DJ 4 - Do my eyes deceive me!??

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Cross DJ 4 - Do my eyes deceive me!??

Postby CJB on 19 Mar 2019, 22:31

Is Beta access instant if you preorder?

Sold my U-Mix Control Pro a few weeks ago so not currently got a copy of Cross DJ active to be able to know if the Beta is downloadable
CJB

Laptop: HP ProBook 640 G1 - i5-4310M 2.7GHz, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD
Hardware: U-Mix Control Pro 2, Sennheiser HD-25
Software: Cross DJ 4

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/cjbeale
CJB

Postby mmediaman on 19 Mar 2019, 23:58

Why didn't MixVibes offer the Beta with some limitation like other software companies, such as time limit or limited number of records in library? This just feels wrong to pay for a Beta.

Trial versions of software have the highest conversion to sale rate than any other method. As a Serato user, the biggest appeal of Cross 4 is the ability to import Serato cue points. With so much competition from the likes of Rekordbox and vDJ, why put another obstacle in front of potential converts? @Mixvibes - you are only appealing to loyal existing users and shooting yourself in the foot with this approach.
Last edited by mmediaman on 20 Mar 2019, 05:26, edited 1 time in total.
mmediaman

Postby rhopkins on 20 Mar 2019, 01:42

Surprised at the expectation that an upgrade to 4 should be free. It's a whole version step and seemingly been in the works for a long time (not sure why after all the posts here there couldn't have been one admin post of "Hey guys, patience, it's on it's way", but nevermind). And if I remember correctly from when I was looking at alternatives to Cross the price compares well with those.

We won't get a Cross 5 if all of us existing customers get 4 for free ;)

Looking forward to Pro becoming available. I haven't used timecode for AGES (in fact I don't even have a timecode vinyl) but don't want to rule out the possibility of using it in the future.
MacBook Pro - 15" (Mid 2014)
2.2Ghz Processor
16GB RAM

U-Mix Control Pro 2
Cross 3.3.10
rhopkins

Postby daniel clark on 20 Mar 2019, 01:48

:neutral: well all have been waiting patiently ,, a upgrade price seems fair ,,too support the progress of the software :neutral:
part of saying nothing was to not get hopes up prematurely,,remember this is still in beta stage and problems will come up,,this is what we have been waiting for,,gonna run the Cross DJ beta thru its paces ,,but waiting for full Cross,, :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 20 Mar 2019, 02:10

mmediaman wrote:Why didn't MixVibes offer the Beta with some limitation like other software companies, such as time limit or limited number of records in library?

Good question! We most likely will offer a demo version of Cross DJ Pro 4 in the same way that we offer a demo of Cross 3 currently (which does have a time limitation), and we will also update Cross DJ Free as a version of Cross DJ 4 with limited features.

I am waiting to get all details straight for all versions before fully announcing them, as I do not want to cause any confusion.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby catgoat on 20 Mar 2019, 04:34

I am most interested in any improvements made to video mixing, maybe some new video fx?
catgoat

Postby mmediaman on 20 Mar 2019, 05:08

rhopkins wrote:Surprised at the expectation that an upgrade to 4 should be free.

I don't think anyone was suggesting the final product should be free. Whether software is beta or final product, there is no reason it can't be available with time limited full functionality, giving users the freedom to test without making a financial investment. After the beta expires or even after the trial version of the final product expires, it can certainly be offered for a price. Thats just how software usually works. I've never heard of a charge for Beta until now.

Anyhow, I think there is a note later that there is an intention to make a trial available. I for one as mentioned won't make a $$ investment without knowing that it is going to work for me. ..especially since I am not a MixVibes user and need to be convinced to move away from Serato.... I'm just saying...
mmediaman

Postby mmediaman on 20 Mar 2019, 05:10

Team@Mixvibes wrote:Good question! We most likely will offer a demo version of Cross DJ Pro 4 in the same way that we offer a demo of Cross 3 currently (which does have a time limitation), and we will also update Cross DJ Free as a version of Cross DJ 4 with limited features.

Thank you for clarifying!
Will wait for the demo/trial version.
mmediaman

Postby rhopkins on 20 Mar 2019, 05:57

This link shows a promotional video of Cross 4 - https://goteda.com/introducing-cross-dj ... 4xO4llVM2o
MacBook Pro - 15" (Mid 2014)
2.2Ghz Processor
16GB RAM

U-Mix Control Pro 2
Cross 3.3.10
rhopkins

Postby djryan25 on 20 Mar 2019, 09:19

I've just purchased it. Then read that I should wait for Cross pro. Looks like I'm going to be stung for again.
djryan25

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat