Classy electronica sought for restaurant gigs

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Classy electronica sought for restaurant gigs

Postby Bobsterz on 14 Feb 2019, 07:02

A restaurant wants me to do electronica that ranges from really spacey, mellow stuff (no strong, intrusive beats) to more of an upbeat groove (like a lot of what Disclosure does). Do you have any favorite artists that are less for intense revelry, and more for a groove atmosphere with a diverse clientele? …a classy vibe that crosses generations to some extent? (I don't mean to push buttons by saying "classy" like the rest isn't—I hope you'll give me a little slack there and understand I'm talking about the venue's vibe and how the music can accentuate it, really.
Bobsterz

Re: Classy electronica sought for restaurant gigs

Postby Bobsterz on 04 Mar 2019, 11:30

Starting to answer my own question: Traxsource.com has genres that include Deep House and Lounge. You can click on an album or artist to find more of what you like once you happen on an especially good track. Prices are not bad, and Amazon is often 30-50% less (sorry if you hate Amazon, but it's true. If you like to play an instrument while playing such tracks, you'll find that many of them are sparse enough to allow for that. Or maybe you can find something you like on KaraokeVersion.com, where you can drop out tracks such as vocals. Tracks are $2.99. But I haven't found died-in-the-wool electronica. There are pop and smooth jazz tracks. If you find electronica artists there please post who they are. You can find great variety also at BeatPort and SoundCloud also.
Bobsterz

Return to General Chat