Remixlive and user media import

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Remixlive and user media import

Postby curiousdan on 30 Apr 2018, 04:19

Hello Mixvibes team, I bought the option to import own media because I have some loop collections. So what I see is a long list of files and no folders. Really hard to navigate. What to do? Only solution I see for now is to preview and remember the loop name outside of Remixlive and finding it afterwards in the list inside...
EDIT: it works ok for now...A few extra steps, but with a file manager like Solid Explorer it's ok. Preview in the phone's own audio player, remember the sample name and type it in the search box.
curiousdan

Re: Remixlive and user media import

Postby Grainpa Bones on 08 Sep 2018, 18:20

I just joined the forum to make a feature request on this subject. I've got about 2gb of loops and samples on my SD card. All neatly organised in folders. I spent too long trying to figure where I was going wrong because I couldn't find my directory tree. Then, nope, this is it. Scrolling through just isn't a viable option. Seriously.
I found myself doing this. Using a separate file explorer to locate a loop I wanted, then typing the name into the searchbox.
It's a horrible workflow honestly.
A fully featured file explorer, I'd say, is pretty fundamental to an application that essentially revolves around the use of files.
It would be nice to be able to play longer sets, swapping out material on the pads as you go along but I just haven't got an encyclopedic memory.
Grainpa Bones

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 09 Sep 2018, 19:34

Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback and I agree that a file/folder explorer would be a major benefit to using Remixlive for Android. There is one built into Cross DJ for Android so I am not sure why it was not also brought to Remixlive, but can bring this up with the developers to see if we can add it in a future update.

Regards,

Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby curiousdan on 04 Dec 2018, 01:55

Well, one can adjust to this...But a file browser would be highly appreciated.
curiousdan

Return to Android Discussion