Open Source Cross DJ for PC/Mac

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Open Source Cross DJ for PC/Mac

Postby Hanginon on 27 Apr 2018, 14:55

Thee following was posted on DJWORX almost 11 months ago by Louis-Pierre Baudry

"Hi Fred,

We understand your frustration and it's definitely your right to express it. As Mark said, there is no need to worry about comments being deleted here.

Like some other software developers did in their own time, we have chosen to concentrate our resources on new products for some time. As you rightly pointed out, creating mobile versions and new software while continuing to improve Cross Mac/PC is quite challenging and this is why we had to postpone the release of a new major version.

That said, Cross 4 is still in the work so the upside is that there is still time to integrate the feature requests submitted on the forum. I will double-check with our team that our bug fix/feature request list is up-to-date and includes everything that has been mentioned there. You can also let me know if there are any additional/major concerns you'd like to highlight.

Best,
Louis @Mixvibes"

Since then, the launch of Serato DJ Pro, a significant Rekordbox DJ update, an announcement by NI of a major Traktor overhaul - not a word here at Mixvibes about Cross 4, despite many posts wondering what is happening.

I think it is reasonable to assume, at this point in time, that Mixvibes has given up on Cross and Cross DJ for the PC/Mac. If this is true (and I would love to be proven wrong), can consideration be given to Open Sourcing this great software - perhaps others can continue development.

The French have a reputation for being brutally honest - what happened here??
Hanginon

Re: Open Source Cross DJ for PC/Mac

Postby UncleVibes on 28 Apr 2018, 13:51

To early to decide the death of any more development on this product.
This is my answer.
UncleVibes

Re: Open Source Cross DJ for PC/Mac

Postby Jim B on 29 Apr 2018, 01:21

I don't think I'm breaking any rules here.

A few of us were lucky enough to test the Alpha/Beta versions of Cross 4 a while back, which certainly had some potential.

But the team switched there business plan to concentrate on mobile apps and software. I believe the MixVibes development team is fairly small so something had to be forfited, and that was Cross

But after seeing a post, made by one of the team in a private part of the forum, to my understanding the development of Cross may continue with possible updates to fix long standing issues.

So all I can say is, let's Cross our fingers and see what the team has in store for the future....
Jim B

Return to General Chat