Soundcloud Playlists

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Soundcloud Playlists

Postby tugsmedaily on 30 Mar 2018, 06:19

I've been using the full version of Cross DJ with my DDJ-SB2 since this past Christmas. It is now March 29, 2018, so it's going on 4 months now I've been using this software, and within the past month the capability of using the playlists on my SoundCloud (SC) account is not there. Now when you go to the SC account and click on "Playlists" or the arrow beside it that usually creates a drop down list of your playlists, nothing happens. This is a huge problem that could really help this application get ahead of other softwares, as well as assist DJs to have access to an organized online pool of music that can be played in real time. It would mean so much to myself and other DJs using this tool if someone could get this fixed.

Thank you.
-tugs
tugsmedaily

Re: Soundcloud Playlists

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 01 Apr 2018, 05:37

Hi tugs,

Sorry you have suddenly ben unable to use SoundCloud with Cross DJ.

I haven't been able to replicate any SoundCloud connectivity issues, other than a few tracks that I have on playlists that will not show up in Cross DJ (after some research this could be because artists can choose to disable playback outside of SoundCloud if they wish).

Please try deleting the mixvibes.settings file to see if that clears up your issue.

For windows go to(you may need to enable hidden folders): c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\mixvibes\

For mac just search for the mixvibes.settings file.

This a new file will be automatically generated the next time you start up Cross DJ and you will need to set up your hardware and SoundCloud account info again.

Hopefully this helps!

Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby webismymind on 02 Sep 2018, 23:34

Hi !

How can I know if an artist has disabled the ability to play his tracks outside Soundcloud ?

I have a Soundcloud playlist that contains more than 160 tracks and I can only see 32 of them in Cross DJ, do you think it can be because of this restriction ?

Thank you by advance for your support !
webismymind

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 08 Sep 2018, 17:13

Hi again tugs,

I am not sure exactly where to look to view if the tracks are disabled/enabled to play outside of soundcloud (i remember reading that you can view the html code for the track page to find it but cannot remember exactly where to look).

Since it is a setting that can be enabled when you first upload the track I suspect it is not visible on the page normally.

I am not sure if Cross DJ is having this issue because of the restriction, you might also want to try making a smaller playlist (or splitting the current playlist into multiple) to see if that helps at all.

Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Return to Community Support