Good News/Bad News

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Good News/Bad News

Postby Hanginon on 06 Feb 2018, 15:39

In a moment of frustration, I fired off an email directly to the Mixvibes Team, asking if the continued development of Cross/Cross DJ was dead.

They were kind enough to respond -

"At this time Mixvibes has no official answer on the development of Cross/Cross DJ for Mac and PC. It is not actively in development but also not unsupported and not dead. Since I am the weekend support and have a weekly meeting with the rest of the team, and as of last week Cross development was brought back up and might possibly become active again. However, I cannot say when or if this will actually happen.

Best regards,
The Mixvibes Team"

So, I guess there is always hope, but at this point in time an improved V4.0 (and/or updated controller support) is obviously not happening - which means it well be attracting fewer new DJ's. As great a piece of software that it is, long term this will kill it (unless they open-source it).

Any suggestions on how to "keep the dream alive"?
Hanginon

Re: Good News/Bad News

Postby John Wo_O on 06 Feb 2018, 19:05

so yea, if Cross is dead is up to you (I mean, you use it or you don't) but its development is very much dead.
John Wo_O

Postby gakto2009 on 06 Feb 2018, 20:45

When you say "updated controller support", what do you mean?

Cross for PC and mac is wide open when it comes to controller support. Any class compliant MIDI device will work with mixvibes and even those that require drivers should be ok.

If your interested in keeping the dream alive then show your support and loyalty. Tell us about your own dreams and ideas. If enough people do the same there will be a continuation. And hopefully, like vinyl, mixvibes will never die :).

Is it a case of, if they build it, we will come? Or is it simply just a case of there not being enough of us anymore? Technology has advanced greatly. Many other solutions for djs now, software and hardware. The question is, can mixvibes afford to support the past when the software has no future? Cassette tapes, records, cds.... all went out of fashion because of better alternatives. Why should software be any different?
..!.. ..!.. NO SUPPORT BY PM ..!.. ..!..

gakto2009

Postby ldorio on 08 Feb 2018, 23:19

As long as Cross is working for most users, then it's most certainly not dead. But we'll never see version 4. Once I'm out of timecode vinyl, I'll be switching to Rekordbox, which is basically a hyper-evolved version of Cross. Until then, I'll stick with Cross, as it's not broken on my end.
ldorio

Postby gakto2009 on 08 Feb 2018, 23:27

ldorio wrote:As long as Cross is working for most users, then it's most certainly not dead. But we'll never see version 4. Once I'm out of timecode vinyl, I'll be switching to Rekordbox, which is basically a hyper-evolved version of Cross. Until then, I'll stick with Cross, as it's not broken on my end.

Im told there will be timecode vinyl in the MV shop soon.
..!.. ..!.. NO SUPPORT BY PM ..!.. ..!..

gakto2009

Postby Somelike on 15 Feb 2018, 21:38

rekordbox is Cross, they prefer to earn money with Pioneer doing that to upgrade to a new version, very sad for us
Somelike

Postby tb0ne on 16 Feb 2018, 14:22

Is there any proof for that?
tb0ne

Postby Hanginon on 16 Feb 2018, 15:33

Yes, the original Rekordbox was developed for Pioneer by Mixvibes -

http://www.mobilebeat.com/mixvibes-and- ... rekordbox/

It's why there is the "Export to Rekordbox" button, and also probably why Pioneer could bring Rekordbox up to speed so quickly. Rekordbox was further developed into "Rekordbox DJ" by Pioneer (and a serious Serato competitor), but the unerlying engine might still be Mixvibe's. What you have to remember with Pioneer - they are the Elephant in the Room in the DJ industry - they have a ton of money behind them.

I've wondered if the lack of Cross DJ's development was due to Mixvibe's having to sign a non-competition agreement with Pioneer, (effective for a certain period of time), but that's just my opinion. Instead, I think they simply decided to totally concentrate on phone/tablet apps.
Hanginon

Postby daniel clark on 16 Feb 2018, 22:55

:idea: some where in thease speculations lies the truth ,,
looked at the pricing for rekord box DJ.. and to get the vid functions ,,twice the totasl price of Cross at full price :eek:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby tb0ne on 19 Feb 2018, 15:22

The old rekordbox is nothing like the new and the rest is speculation, as you state, "might still be".
It was fun while it lasted.
tb0ne

Next

Return to General Chat