Start Listening to Suggestions on the Forums

Suggest features and improvements

Start Listening to Suggestions on the Forums

Postby Hanginon on 08 Jul 2017, 23:00

DJWorx had an article on Mixvibes Remixlive 3. In the comments section I gave Mixvibes what I think is a well deserved poke in the eye.
Scroll to the bottom to see Louis-Pierre Baudry's response -
https://djworx.com/public-beta-mixvibes ... ive-3-ios/

It is long overdue that the good people at Mixvibes started to listen to, and also try to do, the suggestions on this forum, some of which are more than 5 years old.

A scroll line that's visible all the time
AutoPlay that works properly
Remembering Browser Location when switching back
Use some color in the Library (like songs played)
And others

We shall see...or are we all just waisting our time here? :mad:
Last edited by Hanginon on 18 Oct 2017, 03:25, edited 1 time in total.
Hanginon

Re: Start Listening to Suggestions on the Forums

Postby daniel clark on 08 Jul 2017, 23:57

:eek: even it feels like we are ,,hopefully its not so ,,wasting our time,, been on the forum for a minute ,, have lost hope yet ,,
but in honesty ,,thing have been/could be better.can completely understand the active djays that enjoy Cross and mixvibes feeling bad at the state of things :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Hanginon on 09 Oct 2017, 15:29

Well, it's now October 2017, and the only thing that happened was the "Survey". However, most of the "issues" and "desired features" are already here, right in the forums.

The Holiday Season is upon us, and things usually start to happen (at least with Mixvibes' competitors). Traktor has a Beta using colors in the library, and I highly suspect Serato is getting close to V2.0.

It is "Do or Die Time", boys and girls!
Hanginon

Postby electrodyne on 17 Oct 2017, 22:36

Hi everyone.

I've been using MixVibes since March for very basic DJ-ing. I have not yet upgraded to Cross Pro, for the simple reason that after investigating more thoroughly on this Forum and having my own "off" experience dealing with MixVibes customer service, I am hesitant to spend $99. when Traktor is an industry standard and the same price.

I'm ALL about supporting independent companies, especially in this day & age. Also, just because some other, more popular software is the "industry standard", it may not necessarily be what one needs. That said, if this company is ignoring users 4 year old suggestions, I can't help but feel like I'm an impasse.

Would anyone like to convince me to stay with MixVibes and upgrade to Cross, or should I go with Traktor? Thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated.
electrodyne

Postby JuniorPops on 29 Oct 2017, 16:40

I have been trying to figure that out some time now, seems the developers give up on it.
JuniorPops

Postby FigDJ on 09 Nov 2017, 17:29

OK, for my next project I am going have to reverse engineer the code and make my own version. lets see how that goes.
FigDJ

Postby Hanginon on 09 Nov 2017, 18:08

FigDJ wrote:OK, for my next project I am going have to reverse engineer the code and make my own version. lets see how that goes.

IMHO, if nothing happens by 1/1/18, Mixvibes has probably abandoned Cross DJ for the PC/Mac. Too much ground has been lost, and with Rekordbox DJ and DJPro (PC & Mac) added to the "Top 3" of Serato, Traktor, and VDJ, they are never going to get it back, unless they really pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Also IMHO, the decision to go after the phone/pad market for some short term gains, at the expense of still improving Cross, will prove to be a long term mistake.

I would love to be proven wrong, but the fact that posts like this do not silicate a reply from anyone at Mixvibes gives little confidence. They may say that their license forbids "reverse engineering", but there still won't be a single word on Cross DJ's future.

It is a great piece of software. If it is destined to become abandon-ware, I'd much prefer to see them open source the code.
Hanginon

Postby FigDJ on 09 Nov 2017, 18:16

It only violates licenses if I distribute code that is not my code.
You can ask MIxvibes a little about that since in the past they took liberties with my coding and included in their releases without acknowledgement or permission.

But I won't do that. I will write my own and make it open source.

I already have my own modified version with some of the suggestions found on the forum. However, since I am law abiding I will not release. I just have to make sure that any trace of their code is gone.
FigDJ

Postby RoJeC on 10 Nov 2017, 02:53

Hanginon wrote:Also IMHO, the decision to go after the phone/pad market for some short term gains, at the expense of still improving Cross, will prove to be a long term mistake.

You may want to take a look at the nr of downloads for the products and compare this to downloads of Cross. Add the in app purchases.
Let be clear that I would love to see a newer version of Cross, but given the business as well as the hardware development my 'no brainer' would be where the money is being made.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Hanginon on 10 Nov 2017, 21:42

RoJeC wrote:You may want to take a look at the nr of downloads for the products and compare this to downloads of Cross. Add the in app purchases.
Let be clear that I would love to see a newer version of Cross, but given the business as well as the hardware development my 'no brainer' would be where the money is being made.

I absolutely agree with you. That's what I mean by "short term gains", but at what expense? Stopping development of Cross for two years??

Specific examples of what I'm talking about on a PC/Mac. Start Cross DJ, set Quantization to 1, Snap to 1/2. Start playing any song. Jump around in the song using your mouse. Perfect. Absolutely one of the best algorithms of any DJ software program.

Now, open Preferences, set "Mark track as played after:" to 30 seconds. Again, play any song. Watch the scroll line in the library. After 30 seconds, where did it go? As Cross writes the song as "played" to the history file, it "un-highlites" the song in the browser, making it almost impossible for a working DJ, on a gig using a laptop, to see it!
Are you kidding me! How can they miss the mark on something as important and basic as this?

RoJeC, can you fix this? daniel clark, can you fix this? I can't either, so we just wait (using our own personal silly work-arounds) until everyone at Mixvibes is done playing with their phone or tablet?????
Hanginon

Next

Return to Suggestions