Unable to connect Cross DJ to Gemini

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Unable to connect Cross DJ to Gemini

Postby Mutantjesus on 07 Nov 2017, 19:33

Extremely frustrated that I have not been able to use the product purchased.
Gemini doesn't work with up to date Android device, won't connect to Android ZTE. I saw that pretty much everyone was having similar issues, but still decided to take my chances.
Are there any Android devices which will actually work with this product, as advertised? Am in going to have to go buy a new phone/tablet just to be able to use?
If so, I'd rather return it and buy a real controller that works. Most expensive Bluetooth speaker I've owned.
Please help!
Mutantjesus

Re: Unable to connect Cross DJ to Gemini

Postby RoJeC on 08 Nov 2017, 00:21

Could you maybe explain which devices you're using and what Android version.

You're description os to generic to provide any info.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby djcomplejo on 30 Nov 2017, 03:19

Your best bet is to buy an Apple device. Those seem to be working with no issues. From my research, Android devices are so hit or miss that it's not even worth it. Android 5.0 devices with micro-usb connections have the best chance of working, but no guarantee.

You can get refurb iPads for $100 to $150 and some iPhone SEs have been as cheap as $50 recently if you switch provider (we switched from Cricket to Metro PCS last month and got my wife an iPhone SE for $50 doing that). iPhone SE has the same internals as the iPhone 7, but tiny screen, so a refurb iPad might be your best bet.

Not sure how much you paid for this, I paid $100 for it on Black Friday and for the price it's not bad for just a plain Bluetooth speaker, given the features, but obviously, the biggest draw is the DJ interface so I understand the frustration. I have yet to get any of my devices to work with it, but I will keep trying.
djcomplejo

Postby djcomplejo on 13 Dec 2017, 04:14

As an update and an FYI for anyone interested, I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (That's the 8'' version) with 16GB of built in memory. Got a deal at Target ($111) and added a 64GB MicroSD card I had. Bought it hoping it would work with the Mix2Go and Cross DJ as a cheap alternative to an iPad and IT DID! Very happy that it worked. Runs smoothly with no issues and maintains full functionality of the MIx2Go controls. So that's an option for anyone who is having issues getting this to work with Android.
djcomplejo

Return to Android Discussion