Cross DJ and macOS High Sierra

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ and macOS High Sierra

Postby Munkeycop on 26 Sep 2017, 09:13

Hi there.

Has anyone tried Cross DJ on macOS High Sierra yet? Are there any issues at all? I'm reluctant to upgrade in case it breaks anything.

Thanks.
Munkeycop

Re: Cross DJ and macOS High Sierra

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 15 Oct 2017, 21:16

Hello Munkeycop,

I asked the team about this but haven't gotten an answer yet. I have not seen any reports by users about issues after updating to High Sierra, but this could be because no one is updating yet since there has been no confirmation that it will work.

I plan on testing this myself this week and will report back with any useful info.

Thanks for your patience,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby Munkeycop on 17 Oct 2017, 23:23

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply, looking forward to your findings. I guess I should also mention that I'm using a U-Mix Control Pro 2 so I suppose its a question of whether the current drivers will still work as well.

Cheers.
Munkeycop

Postby Sean McClafferty on 26 Oct 2017, 00:51

Also wondering about this question. Any updates?
Sean McClafferty

Postby HawnSolo on 06 Nov 2017, 19:41

Hi all,

I was able to test out Cross 3.4.3 on a 2012 non-retina 13" MacBook pro and it seemed to work just fine.

All of my MIDI controllers work and I was able to test DVS and had no problems. I also ran autoplay for over 4 hours and didn't experience a single issue.

Now I plan on upgrading my main laptop (2012 15" retina MacBook pro) and will report back any issues. I will also test out my CDJ 850s in HID, 4 deck playback and video.

It is worth noting that you should check with your hardware manufacturer to make sure that your sound card will work with High Sierra. Rane gave the okay for the 64 mixer, which is why I decided to upgrade.
HawnSolo

Postby micsutka on 02 Jan 2018, 20:31

Hello HawnSolo !

Were you able to test your CDJ 850s in HID with High Sierra?

I have CDJ 850s and DJM 850 setup with 13" MacBook Pro Late 2011
(2,8 i7, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks). I'm using my mixer as sound card and playing with CDJ 850s running Cross.

I'm planning to upgrade my OS X to High Sierra,
so I'm very interested about your test results.

Br
Tamás
micsutka

Postby HawnSolo on 12 Jan 2018, 03:52

Hi Tamás,

Sorry about the late reply. I seemed to have miss placed one of the power cabled for my CDJ 850s, so I was only able to test one unit. However, it worked plug and play with no issues. Since you are using your DJM 850 as the sound card you shouldn't run into any issues with your CDJs. It is worth mentioning to make sure that the DJM 850 is fully supported before upgrading.

I also did some light testing with my video collection and was able to play 4 videos with no issues. All of my videos have been encoded using handbrake for best performance with Serato Video back when I was using SSL.
HawnSolo

Return to Community Support