Understanding Beatmatching with Cross help please?

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Understanding Beatmatching with Cross help please?

Postby daniel clark on 18 Oct 2017, 02:05

:cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby mikehende on 19 Oct 2017, 18:49

Hey guys I am making headway finally. Daniel thank you very much brotherman for your help, timing the circle or cycle as you've recommended seems to work great, I will do some more experimenting with it. Have no idea though why you are getting one on each deck and I have only one in the middle above the crossfader panel?

Any so I put one track at 120bpm on left deck started playing it then put another track with 125bpm on right deck hit sync to bring it's bpm to the same value as the left deck, set it to the first downbeat, hit play when I see the circle at the right spot and that's it. So I guess I will need to use the headphone to manually set the downbeat of the 2nd track so no big deal I can deal with that.

Next issue please guys is I would like to see a looping display in each deck as in this image or similar, if it's possible how please?

https://s1.postimg.org/7l1sg9ekfj/Loop.png
mikehende

Postby FigDJ on 19 Oct 2017, 19:10

mikehende wrote:Hey guys I am making headway finally. Daniel thank you very much brotherman for your help, timing the circle or cycle as you've recommended seems to work great, I will do some more experimenting with it. Have no idea though why you are getting one on each deck and I have only one in the middle above the crossfader panel?

Any so I put one track at 120bpm on left deck started playing it then put another track with 125bpm on right deck hit sync to bring it's bpm to the same value as the left deck, set it to the first downbeat, hit play when I see the circle at the right spot and that's it. So I guess I will need to use the headphone to manually set the downbeat of the 2nd track so no big deal I can deal with that.

Next issue please guys is I would like to see a looping display in each deck as in this image or similar, if it's possible how please?

https://s1.postimg.org/7l1sg9ekfj/Loop.png

I can't see the picture from my location right now so I will try to answer your question later tonight.

Regarding the circle display
If you are set in 2 deck mode, there is only one circle in the center as there are only decks A and B and one or the other is the master.

When you are in four deck mode (A,B,C, and D) You get a circle which each deck. Each circle for each deck represents the synchronization of that deck with respect to the master which could be any one or the other decks.

So assuming that 4 deck mode and deck D as Master. When you are looking at the sync circle for deck A it represents how is deck A sync with the master deck D. If you are looking at the circle for deck C if represents how deck C is in sync with the master deck D.

As mentioned before, in 2 deck mode there is only need for one circle as either deck A or deck B is the Master.
FigDJ

Postby mikehende on 19 Oct 2017, 19:40

Ok, thanks for the explanation, I will keep experimenting with the circle. Sorry I have to link to another site for the image but I am not seeing a way to upload one in my posts.
mikehende

Postby daniel clark on 19 Oct 2017, 21:40

mikehende wrote:Hey guys I am making headway finally. Daniel thank you very much brotherman for your help,

:mrgreen: easy piese
info
the 2/4 icon at top get you too the second set of decks ,, i think the first icon at top there is a scroll down for view ,, there you can select the sample banks ,,also in setting are selections for how many locators and sample pads ,, while in preferences turn on tool tips ,,help a lot ,, but doing the leg work builds up muscles :mrgreen:
next think if you look at the beat matcher circle and you move the track to the down beat you want to start at ,,if you wait for the circles to aklighn then you dont need to hit play ,,syc should stat the deck where you placed it
:eek: i know more leg work ,,
:mrgreen:

just looked at your image ,,look at the videos againg and you wil see the sample pads ,,also there is a loop control above this ,, ,,it should be below the track moving screen,,

:idea: if you got too the you tube page for mixvibes ,,and select videos ,,down the list is a bunch of tutorial vids ,, since the link for the basic manual is dead ,, this might fill in some of the gaps in info :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby mikehende on 19 Oct 2017, 22:34

daniel clark wrote:the 2/4 icon at top get you too the second set of decks

I had initially checked out the 4 decks earlier today but that gives less real estate from the playlist so I had opted for 2 decks but now only for the sake of the independent circles I had tried it so will work more on this.

i think the first icon at top there is a scroll down for view ,, there you can select the sample banks ,,also in setting are selections for how many locators and sample pads ,,

I am not seeing this, can you send me a screenshot please?
mikehende

Postby mikehende on 20 Oct 2017, 01:34

Yeah, I just looked all over in the preferences and nothing to display the loop as in my pic. Seems only option is to hit the loop IN and OUT in the decks?
mikehende

Previous

Return to General Chat