new Cross / Cross-DJ version

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: new Cross / Cross-DJ version

Postby DJ Austin on 03 Sep 2017, 09:35

I am going to Serato too. Bye
DJ Austin

Postby MichPRich on 04 Sep 2017, 07:13

So, putting the rumor-mill aside, Mixvibes will not issue a refund to those of us who purchased Cross relatively recently (July) thinking that - if nothing else - there would be active and helpful support and customer service available regardless how long we'd wait on updates?

I mean, I am grateful to HawnSolo as he is literally the only exception to the lack of support I've seen here - and that essentially means they have ONE man running the entire support for all Cross users TWO days a week. That's not fair to us, and i certainly don't want to put words in Hawns' mouth here but i perceive it as unfair to him as well.

Bandaid analogy here; pull it off QUICK. Whatever IS going on with the current/future dev of Cross - you don't need to share whatever secret plans you have, but this community is proof to anyone reading that you guys are giving an impression of "slow abandonment" - don't do that.

Whrn I asked for any sort of reassurance that i hadn't made a mistake in buying, that there was at least an intent to keep Cross alive, i was told this;

"Hello (michprich),

We have no comment on this matter at this time.

Best regards,
The Mixvibes Team"

If HawnSolo hadn't followed up afterwards with a well written, reassuring (to the extent reality allows) email, i'd not have a shred of hope left. And, i will say this; after today, reading through many many topics with the same legitimate yet ununswered questions, I just don't know what rational you could possibly use in feeling that your registered users are the problem, not YOU. Seeing things like "we have been around since [...]" and "we designed rekordbox", or insinuating that we are slowing down thr development process by nagging you - it makes you look bad. Defensive. Arragont. I would love to see all this change for the better, but with the only evidence towards what the future holds for Cross is really this forum, and support emails, how can you expect your customers to think any differently?

The writing is on the wall
MichPRich

Postby daniel clark on 04 Sep 2017, 11:40

MichPRich wrote:
I mean, I am grateful to HawnSolo as he is literally the only exception to the lack of support I've seen here - and that essentially means they have ONE man running the entire support for all Cross users TWO days a week. That's not fair to us, and i certainly don't want to put words in Hawns' mouth here but i perceive it as unfair to him as well.

The writing is on the wall
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby djreff on 06 Sep 2017, 02:37

DJ Austin wrote:I am going to Serato too. Bye
DJ reff
PC intel PC intel i7 3770k cpu @3.50ghz 8 gig ram mix vibe cross- denon MCX 8000 controller, with more than 40000dance tracks
djreff

Postby daniel clark on 06 Sep 2017, 02:56

:cool: gentlemen ,,i understand your concerns ,, nothing i can do about them,,you have to do what is best for you too keep making the music
a tree doesnt make a sound when it falls and no one is there to hear it
:eek:
:cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby MichPRich on 06 Sep 2017, 03:08

daniel clark wrote::cool: gentlemen ,,i understand your concerns ,, nothing i can do about them,,you have to do what is best for you too keep making the music
a tree doesnt make a sound when it falls and no one is there to hear it
:eek:
:cool:

DJ Austin wrote:I am going to Serato too. Bye

Is Serato where falling trees go to die?
MichPRich

Postby acemc on 23 Sep 2017, 21:12

If product support has ceased, this BS company shouldn't be allowed to sell this product anymore!! It's borderline fraud!
MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
acemc

Postby MichPRich on 23 Sep 2017, 22:50

acemc wrote:If product support has ceased, this BS company shouldn't be allowed to sell this product anymore!! It's borderline fraud!

To be fair, it's still "standalone" and functioning, and in my opinion at current it still performs on par and in some areas better than the competion. I totally feel your frustration (you can read my brief history of posts here and see that), but i don't think they are wrong for continuing sales for an overall well-made software even if 3.4.3 is the last we see.

However, I think you'd agree that at this point, with them clearly having come to a decision if even to put it on hold indefinitely, they absolutely should disclaim that Cross and Cross DJ are no longer in active development for the foreseeable future (if at all). Potential customers need to know, and current customers - no matter if Mixvibes sympathizes or not, expect a more professional approach than has been given.

To many of us who have paid and supported the development of this software, whether it's had the positive impact on revenue that was hoped for, it should simply come down to respect and recognition of loyalty. That is not a blind loyalty - the criticism here has come about with good reason. If nothing else, Mixvibes ought to reconsider their approach / response on this topic from a business perspective, as word-of-mouth, reviews, etc are a major factor in a businesses long term success. Especially in such a niche community as the DJ community.

/rant
MichPRich

Postby djdubc on 23 Sep 2017, 23:59

They are gonna have to come up with an update cause I cannot even use the program :redface: my Issue has already been documented and no answer as of yet
MacBook Pro 9,2 (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Intel core i5-3210M @ 2.5 GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Intel HD 4000 1536
750GB SSHD 7200RPM
macOS CATALINA 10.5.7
Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3
djdubc

Postby Antoine_G on 25 Sep 2017, 15:29

In my case, Cross DJ is fully-functional and without bugs.

However, I wait for features other softwares have, like integration of streaming companies (Virtual DJ, DJay, even Djuced have it), and graphics improvement (waveform at 60 fps overall).

Perhaps some speed and stability improvements (but with my conf, I have no problem).

A better forum organisation and more answers would be greater.
Antoine_G

Previous

Return to Community Support