U-Mix Control Pro problem

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: U-Mix Control Pro problem

Postby movteka on 02 Sep 2017, 10:50

RoJeC wrote:Cross Free doesn;t support MIDI.

If you register your license key you can upgrade Cross to 3.4.3. Would be the best start given the ancienity of your version.

Okay. The problem is that PC doesnt even see U-Mix as any device. Is there any way to downgrade software update of the U-Mix?
And 1 more question, I still cant find original CD, is there any way to retrieve my key?
movteka

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 02 Sep 2017, 18:26

Hello movteka,

Sorry you are still experiencing these issues with your U-Mix!

As daniel mentioned, we no longer have the resources to troubleshoot or repair these due to them being legacy products.

I will ask the rest of the team if anyone knows of a way to do a factory reset to the firmware, or if that is even possible at all. I tried to do a bit of research on it and couldn't find anything, which makes me think it might not be possible.

If you still have proof of purchase for Cross we can issue you a new license. Since your original license was on a physical copy of Cross, we have no way keep a record of which license belongs to which user.

Which is why we registering your license/serial on the forums is so useful. It keeps a record for you and allows us to retrieve licenses if a user cannot access their account.

Please send your proof of purchase to support@mixvibes.com

Best regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby RoJeC on 03 Sep 2017, 00:08

The U-Mix is class compliant. Meaning that there is no software needed to have it working. You could upgrade the firmware if that hasn't been done yet. Check the downloads section. ALso be sure that you have a U-Mix Control Pro 1 and not 2 as this firmware will make your UMCP2 out of order.

If it's not recognized be sure to use a USB2 port. If you have a USB3 port it could be setup to not read USB1.x. THe U-Mix Control Pro (and many other controllers) actually are USB1.1. If you don't have free USB2 ports, you will have to use a powered USB hub.
Other issue could be that your USB host doesn't provide sufficient power to the U-Mix Control Pro. E.g. because of to manty other devices hooked up to the same USB host controller.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby movteka on 03 Sep 2017, 22:53

RoJeC wrote:Cross Free doesn;t support MIDI.

If you register your license key you can upgrade Cross to 3.4.3. Would be the best start given the ancienity of your version.

Id like to, but ive lost my disc with key sticked on it. Is there any way to reset firmware on a device? Or retrieve my key without a disc. Its a shame, but I dont know what to do now.
movteka

Postby daniel clark on 03 Sep 2017, 23:07

Team@Mixvibes wrote:Hello movteka,

If you still have proof of purchase for Cross we can issue you a new license. Since your original license was on a physical copy of Cross, we have no way keep a record of which license belongs to which user.

Which is why we registering your license/serial on the forums is so useful. It keeps a record for you and allows us to retrieve licenses if a user cannot access their account.

Please send your proof of purchase to support@mixvibes.com

Best regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS