How to configure audio distribution

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

How to configure audio distribution

Postby LUIZ ARTHUR CARNEIRO on 04 Aug 2017, 06:28

I just removed my unit, xone23c from the box. I installed the program easily. Equipment with a high sound quality.
Why does the Cross le program play the music of a deck on both channels when I control the mixer during the plug and play?
I'm using the monitor output. Or the output record. at the time. But it should not mix. Each channel should play the music only loaded in the dek referring to its side. Is there a defect in the audio card? The audio output of the headset is also mixed. Please, what should I do? :(
LUIZ ARTHUR CARNEIRO

Re: How to configure audio distribution

Postby gregos32 on 06 Aug 2017, 01:55

Hi,
Same issue here!
Uninstalled and reinstalled but no change..
Any idea?
Thaknks
gregos32

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 06 Aug 2017, 02:54

Hello,

Sorry you're both having these issues!

I suspect that what is happening is that the audio is configured to use the internal mixer. To fix this open the preferences for Cross DJ and go to the 'Audio' tab.

I assume you already have the Xone 23c selected as the sound card since audio is being routed to the mixer, but you need to change the 'Routing Mode' down at the bottom of the page to 'External Mixer'. You may also need to set up the software outputs to route to the correct hardware channels. Just make sure that 'Output 1' is set to 'Output 1/Output 2' and 'Output 2' is set to 'Output 3/Output 4'

Please don't hesitate to ask for more help getting things setup, I only covered the basics since I was not sure if you would be using DVS or controllers along with the Xone 23c.

Best regards,
The Mixvibes Team
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby gregos32 on 08 Aug 2017, 03:34

Salut!
Well if I use the external mixer routing, the sound is awful,muffled and signal is too high. And impossible to turn volume down on Cross le (whether on dual stereo or ext).
With dual stereo the sound is fine but again issues as the cue only works on 1 side while on the other mixer channel it plays on the master too!
Weird...
Qu est ce que vous en pensez?
Uninstall Asio and xone drivers and try again?
Could it be an issue with the xone23c sound card?
Merci pour votre aide.
Cheers
gregos32

Postby RoJeC on 09 Aug 2017, 00:56

Dual stereo seems to work as it should. This is not the common routing for use with an external mixer.

If you use DVS you need to modify your Xone. Please check the Xone manual for this as it is not caused by the Cross software.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 18 Aug 2017, 21:21

Hello again,

Sorry your still having some trouble with your 23c.

Since you are only having audio problems when Cross is set to external mixer, it most likely is not an issue with the mixer, but something is happening in the software or driver to cause the sound distortion/muffling.

Try checking for any driver and firmware updates through Allen & Heath.

Also just in case, check to see if for some reason the filters in Cross are enabled when you set it to external mixer. This could cause the sound to be muffled but doesn't explain the huge jump in volume.

Here to help!
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby Jowens015 on 09 Nov 2017, 15:31

Hi was this solved? I am trying to use Cross DJ to record mixes, tried to configure my cdj players but both playing in the same deck likewise, is it because I haven't used harnesses to configure the xone23c? Or is that only required when using turntables?
Jowens015

Return to Community Support