new Cross / Cross-DJ version

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

new Cross / Cross-DJ version

Postby radioViki on 22 Jul 2017, 18:07

Hello people of Mixvibes!

When is there something new (Cross / Cross DJ)? It can not be that the software has not been done for about 2 years!

Is soon times with a few innovations to be expected? Or will it be time to try another DJ software?

Almost every other DJ software brings constant further development only Mixvibes stands still. A functioning Midi-mapping for example (LED / display) .............
Mac-Pro 3.1, 16 GByte, Cross 3.x / Behringer DDM4000
NI F1_2x, NI X1-MK2_1x, NI Maschine MKI, Presonus Fire,

hilsen fra norge radioViki ( George )
radioViki

Re: new Cross / Cross-DJ version

Postby ldorio on 25 Jul 2017, 19:06

Mixvibes is still developing Cross actively...

But they've changed the name to Rekordbox.

:eek:
ldorio

Postby daniel clark on 25 Jul 2017, 21:17

ldorio wrote:Mixvibes is still developing Cross actively...

But they've changed the name to Rekordbox.

:eek:

:mrgreen: funny ,,just hope it isnt so :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby FigDJ on 25 Jul 2017, 22:03

Now a days I find myself pondering on the on the possibility that Cross 3.4.3 is the last version and therefore Cross is now dead.

Just observe how there will be no official response to this topic. that in itself is very telling.
FigDJ

Postby superdj4life on 25 Jul 2017, 22:40

I've felt the same way for years now. been a loyal Cross fan since it was called MixVibes DVS. I really thought they we're going to become the industry leader, then along come Rekordbox, complete with "developed by MixVibes" labels all over it. at first there were vague updates about not leaving us behind that something "big" was in the works

Another year of waiting now and we've been left high and dry. It's not like we're wanting anything big, just let us know to quit holding our breath and waiting for the unicorn that is their next version. Since that won't happen maybe a extra month of Rekordbox's trial for MV Cross users as a way of saying "Thanks for you loyalty".

They've released Mobile music apps, and other decent tools but nothing on Cross platform. It seems the equity firm that bought Pioneer's DJ division got Rekordbox and it's development team with the purchase, this is great from them, but a real kick in the pants for the consumer.

It's also interesting to note you can finally download your own timecode, something the MV team had been against from the beginning. The only logical reason that comes to mind is that Cross development has ceased so protecting the timecode and treating it like intellectual property is no longer needed.

Software is a tough business to be in, I wish they would have been beaten Pioneer to the "DJ as a service" Idea. Getting a monthly fee from users may have helpped keep the best talent internal and not forced them to sell their incredible talent to Pioneer.

Just my .02
M4500 Quad Core i5 3ghz (Windows 8 Ent x64)
8Gb DDR3 MEM 320Gb HDD
2x Stanton STR8-100 Vinyl Turntables
2x Stanton CMP-800 CD Turntables
Behringer DDM4000
Novation Dicer
Numark IDJ3
superdj4life

Postby daniel clark on 25 Jul 2017, 23:05

:eek: yes as figdj puts it a self licking ice cream cone ,promises made yet to be seen ,, my situation is not the same ,,just a bedroom dee jay ,,too someone still out there ,, standing by waiting for something new ./updated /new features,,got too be frustrating ,, at this point there is no need for the falling tree too make any noise ,, nobody around too hear it ,, my hopes for using remix video have come to naught ,, cant record vid samples ,,to use in Cross ,, not the software fault ,somehow my permissions are screwed up in the vid folder where there stored /put ,, tried to sort it out ,,but still cant find the solution ,, years ago the support personnel would have aided as best as they could ,, soo lack of response seems to be the norm ,, stepe back from jumping in every topic , just put my two cents in when i feel like it ,but still hoping it swing the other direction soon ,, :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby ldorio on 27 Jul 2017, 17:23

I would do just about anything for Cross 4 to finally see a release.

It's sad, because nothing else out there runs as good as Cross, but it's starting to show its age a bit.
ldorio

Postby DJ Austin on 03 Aug 2017, 07:42

Indeed, now the team of mixvibes is developing a recordbox?
And now there will be no updates? Does the recordbox support a mixvibes sound card?
DJ Austin

Postby RoJeC on 03 Aug 2017, 23:01

Don't make up stories.
Mixvibes some years ago was involved in developping the first versions of RecordBox; open and clear visible in the about.
Pioneer changed to in houde dev.
Mixvibes refocused and focussed on new markets because the new products were and are received so well.

The forum has over 10 years of history so if you feel like it you can read the history by digging through it.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby djdubc on 23 Aug 2017, 07:30

yes it is over for mixvibes Cross.......I posted an issue and NO ONE from the staff etc. responded. Yes it is over. Time to get another program. :!:
MacBook Pro 9,2 (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Intel core i5-3210M @ 2.5 GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Intel HD 4000 1536
750GB SSHD 7200RPM
macOS CATALINA 10.5.7
Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3
djdubc

Next

Return to Community Support