using my laptop to control Cross DJ

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

using my laptop to control Cross DJ

Postby jonbow on 20 Apr 2017, 19:12

Hi
I have tried to set up my controllers with my Cross DJ software without success so have returned to using only my laptop but sadly I am unable to make the mic work . Also is there a layout available to use the laptop keys to control the software as I note when I press enter on the board it sets the cue button ?This type of laptop key layout is available with Mixxx software in their manual .
jonbow

Re: using my laptop to control Cross DJ

Postby FigDJ on 20 Apr 2017, 19:50

jonbow wrote:Hi
I have tried to set up my controllers with my Cross DJ software without success so have returned to using only my laptop but sadly I am unable to make the mic work . Also is there a layout available to use the laptop keys to control the software as I note when I press enter on the board it sets the cue button ?This type of laptop key layout is available with Mixxx software in their manual .

To answer your question- No there isn't a keyboard layout
However would like to know which controller you intended to use, perhaps I can help with that.

You only have The Hercules RMX listed in your profile. is that it?
FigDJ

Postby RoJeC on 20 Apr 2017, 20:29

you can find info on the keyboard setup in the manual (Help in Cross menu)
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby daniel clark on 20 Apr 2017, 23:04

keyboard mapping Capture.PNG

pr5eferences/keyboard mapping ,,use same way as MIDI mapping

also what controller are you trying to use ,,seems figdj is looking for something to bite into :mrgreen:
:eek: MIDI MONSTER :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby daniel clark on 21 Apr 2017, 02:02

:idea: are you refering to the mic input on your computer ,, if soo Cross is not set up to hav a mic go thru the software ,,not sure if other options are avaible
info to how you are trying to accomplish this ,,and you computer spec,, maybe the great minds around here might figure out something ,, worst thing that can be said is its un accomplisable :eek:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby jonbow on 21 Apr 2017, 10:46

Hi
I have a Hercules RMX controller and a Behringer BCD 3000.
The Behringer has no mapping for Cross and although you provided excellent instructions I have not been able to map it correctly . The RMX does talk to the software but the buttons are out of sync and cause me a problem ie the stop button and the cue/ pause button are the wrong way round and the mic button does not work.
Sad to hear that Cross will not work with mic and laptop !!
jonbow

Postby jonbow on 21 Apr 2017, 10:58

Sorry should have added that my laptop is a Compaq Presario and I am using Vista .
Perhaps the answer is for me to buy a U-Mix Control Pro unit at a low price or used to enable me to use Cross software
jonbow

Postby RoJeC on 21 Apr 2017, 11:56

You could purchase a U-Mix Control Pro but it would be cheaper to fix your mapping issue(s).
If buttons respond wrong it is a simple fix.. just map to the action to the right button....

But to start it would be good to know if you used the right mapping as support for the RMX goes back to Cross 1.5.

If it responds wrong: copy the default mapping in the Cross MIDI editor. Select the mapping. In the right column search for the action to set right. Edit and puch the right button.

If you have any questions, please ask as there would be no reason to have these controllers not work with Cross.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Return to Community Support