Remixvideo: Macbook Fans to the roof :(

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Remixvideo: Macbook Fans to the roof :(

Postby vanhaze2000 on 26 Mar 2017, 16:41

Yesterday i made the plunge and bought Remixvideo from Apple Store.

I installed it, together with Audio Unit and VST version.

I work with Reaper DAW as my main DAW.
Whenever i insert Remixvideo as a VST or AU in Reaper, my macbook Retina fans are soon going to the roof, spinning like mad.

This seems totally not ok. :eek:

Someone else experiencing the same, when Remixvideo used as a plugin in a DAW ?

OSX 10.12.3
Reaper 5.40 - 64bit
Macbook Retina 2015.
vanhaze2000

Re: Remixvideo: Macbook Fans to the roof :(

Postby daniel clark on 26 Mar 2017, 17:15

:idea: being that the remix vid is a brand new software ,, feedback from users will be limited ,,so to get best responce ,,can you give more info for dev team to have ,,if you could find and give info on system operating condition ie system ram usage ,cpu usage,gpu usage ,before and after ,,also the usage of other software running in conjuction with running your set up ,, hard to duplicate your issues with out thease facts ,to pinpoint the cause of your issues ,,will hight light this post in mod section support issue topic for attention and this info ,,might be teadeaous to get in long run ,but worth the effort ,, :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby HawnSolo on 26 Mar 2017, 19:03

I have an older 15" Retina MacBook Pro, and the same thing happens whenever I do anything graphically intense (VJing, Video Editing, even Photoshop!).

This happens because of the dedicated video card, which is only used when it is needed. aWhen you are normally using your DAW, it may not require the extra graphics power, so it does not turn on the dedicated graphics card.

It should not be an issue as long as nothing overheats. The sound can be alarming but the fans are just doing their job. The dedicated graphics card has its own fan, and your cpu fan probably starts running faster and more often to counter the heat generated by the graphics card and amount of processing being done.
HawnSolo

Postby DJ Vintage on 28 Mar 2017, 13:49

I have a mid-2012 i7 MBP 15" with 16GB RAM and a 6500GT (I think) 1GB dedicated video card.

I played World of Warcraft a while back when my desktop was down. Fans went full speed. The metal of the laptop casing running hot to the touch. But never a single hickup or breakdown. It just gets hot, it's cooled as much as possible by the fans and keeps working.

You can always decide to get one of those laptop cooling platforms. Never used them myself, but the people I know they have them claim it makes a lot of difference in CPU and system temperature.
DJ Vintage

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 28 Mar 2017, 18:26

Hello vanhaze,

Indeed if you are running Remixvideo on one of the Mac laptops, Mac Pro included, it will significantly work the fans, as with any graphically-intensive app that you can try to run on there.

As HawnSolo mentioned, the issue comes from the heavy use of the dedicated graphics chip. The fans are in hyperdrive mostly in order to prevent the chip and by extension the motherboard from getting too hot.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Alex @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby vanhaze2000 on 28 Mar 2017, 18:45

Dear Alex,

Thank you very much for your response.
I understand you.

It's just that i am not used to hear those fans running like mad, i do mostly audio application, non video.
Never ever do i hear fans when doing audio.

I am abit scared that in the long run, those spinning fans when using remixvideo in my daw as a plugin,will break my macbook eventually.
Maybe i am just paranoia .. :rolleyes:
vanhaze2000

Postby daniel clark on 28 Mar 2017, 23:08

:eek: not sure on mac /mac book any type of system monitor to be able to tell how much cpu/gpu/ram ,,and temps of motherboard /gpu,cpu, also fan speed :cool:
fear is the brains way of dealing with a un know factor ,,the more info the lest scared ,, :idea:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor